My first half cent

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum II Whites Spectrum
I have not been on in a long time. Since my divorce and taking full time responsibility for my son, I have not had the chance to get out much in two years. This week I found out an old friend owned a very old house in Bucks County Pa and I had to get out. So, my son went to a friends house and I hit the yard with a buddy of mine. I found nothing but trash the first hour until I get a good signal under the roots of a very old tree. 4.5 inches down, I reach my fingers under and feel a quarter sized coin. I know it is not a quarter, my mind was raising to figure out what it could be. Hoping for my first half cent but thinking it may be foreign. Got it up to my eyes and right away see the head and knew it was a half cent. 1832! It is in bad shape but what a thrill. I also found a 1902 indian on the other side of that tree, a 1958 rosie (only silver) and a handful of wheats and commons. My camera sucks taking pics of small objects but you get the idea. It was great to be back.

Attachments

• halfindiandime.jpg
    halfindiandime.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 312
Upvote 0

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice :icon_thumleft:

I have only found 1 half cent but it was in perfect shape..

Blaze

SpringTxDigger

Dec 28, 2008
Katy Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very COOL find! :headbang: I've dug some of my best finds from under the roots. It's tough digging but that's where some good stuff is. WTG! Glad you were able to get out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread