Greenie
Jan 15, 2012
Orlando
Detector(s) used
looking for used to start...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,

I borrowed my good buddy Gregg's Garrett Treasure Ace 100 and hit a small local lake beach.

This was my first attempt at any hunt. I hit the places I thought would give up some goodies; volleyball area, entrances to the beach, a little sitting edge (where I found most of the clad). Wow....my first clad.

I used the initial settings. It seems when you hit clad you get a little bit of a double beep.

Here is my take for the day. Any advise on technique and where to look would be great. Not quite comfortable on digging up a yard yet.

If anyone is near South Orlando / Kissimmee, drop me a line. I am off all this week on vacation!

Thanks!

Bud

Attachments

• 1-23-12 Stuff 1.jpg
    1-23-12 Stuff 1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 490
  • Detector 1.jpg
    Detector 1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 483
  • Location 1a.jpg
    Location 1a.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 489
  • Location 2a.jpg
    Location 2a.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 491
Upvote 0

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Budkeywest said:
Well,

I borrowed my good buddy Gregg's Garrett Treasure Ace 100 and hit a small local lake beach.

This was my first attempt at any hunt. I hit the places I thought would give up some goodies; volleyball area, entrances to the beach, a little sitting edge (where I found most of the clad). Wow....my first clad.

I used the initial settings. It seems when you hit clad you get a little bit of a double beep.

Here is my take for the day. Any advise on technique and where to look would be great. Not quite comfortable on digging up a yard yet.

If anyone is near South Orlando / Kissimmee, drop me a line. I am off all this week on vacation!

Thanks!

Bud

Great start... it won't be long before you start finding the good stuff! Keep after it! and Welcome to T-Net!

As for digging in yards just be real careful... keep the holes as small as possible and make sure the dirt gets put back in the hold when your done... that are a lot of videos on youtube that show you how to dig... good luck!

http://tinyurl.com/7zotbp2

Chukers

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Welcome... Now you are hooked for good ;D Sounds like you got the right idea on where to hunt, just have to keep at it. The more you go
the better the odds of digging a keeper.

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
I'd go back to the same spot and this time wade into the water--keep the box above water, find a good signal and mark the location, park the detector on the beach and then go back after it. I hunt some water areas in my area and use this technique with success--people who hunt tend to go to the obvious spots first--that's a good piece of information to think about wherever you hunt. Good luck!

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ggossage said:
I'd go back to the same spot and this time wade into the water--keep the box above water, find a good signal and mark the location, park the detector on the beach and then go back after it. I hunt some water areas in my area and use this technique with success--people who hunt tend to go to the obvious spots first--that's a good piece of information to think about wherever you hunt. Good luck!

or get a scoop. ggossage is right, get in the water but don't ruin your buddy's detector.

TripletDad

Sep 3, 2011
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to live N. of Orlando until about a year ago. I remember seeing someone getting a nice 1836 half dollar at Moss Park, and you just know it was dropped during the Seminole War there. Used to be a whole string of forts up and down the state - maybe check old maps. Just watch for the wildlife - seems like everything outdoors there is out to get you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread