MY FIRST HUNT WITH MY NEW GARRETT ACE 250

nicolascage_68

Feb 2, 2009
lima,ohio
Detector(s) used
treasure hunter th-3050
well folks...i went out and bought a garrett ace 250 today...wanted 2 break it in ..went to a place that i seen on a 1880 map that showed as being a school and on a 1990 map showed as a public park...didnt do to bad..right around 70-80 cents but nothing old yet..but i THINK i MIGHT of found a musket ball ....got everything in water rite now--gonna clean off all the dirt..just wanted 2 let ya'll know... ...thanks for reading this..HH every 1

Upvote 0

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
nice hunt . will get better when you get the hang of it. :thumbsup:

Atlantian

Jan 28, 2009
Sandy Springs, G.A.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, My eyes
I got my Ace 2 weeks ago it takes some getting used to... do a garden test where you burry your items and if its jumpin round on you on a signal drop the sens a notch and then go over it again if you drop it to much my might loose the signal but I swear I dug several items in a playground that were 12 inches down today two of which were matchbox cars and one was a quarter ... Go slowwwww.. Great job I've found all sorts of interesting items but still haven't found any old coins ( there tougher than I thought they would be) I got my first wheat last friday... anyways PM if you have any questions or just embed the question in your todays find post or there is a garrett forum on here to... I got TONS of GREAT advice on here really helped me to learn alot faster than if I wasn't on here. I also met a few hunters in the first week and hunted with some guys with lots more exp. than I got... At first I thought I didn't like the Ace much cause I felt like I should have got a more expensive machine but after some quality time I have to say it's a great machine... GOOD LUCK HUNTING

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great place to hunt. :thumbsup: Those keepers will get easier to find with time. :thumbsup:

Nana :)

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the ACE..you will either hate it or love it and I love mine. It will find old stuff...lots of old stuff. Have fun and keep digging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread