My first IH cent! 1899

Heath j

Dec 11, 2010
Cleveland, Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
;D ;D :headbang: I got out to my uncles yesterday to search around where there was rumored to be an old homesite and some civil war activity and I find my first IH cent which is my oldest and best dind of my short detecting career! All i could read through the dirt wastes the 18 and I heard not to rub it so i just dropped it in my pocket and hammered out the whole area without anymore solid hits so i jumped in my car and rushed to my friends house to wash her down to see what it was. Booyah 1899!

Attachments

• 1899 IH.jpg
    1899 IH.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 402
Upvote 0

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
hope you get many more! an 1899 was my first as well. did it ring up as zinc on the ace?

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice 1st!!! MR TUFF

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feels great to find that first one huh? Congrats! Pretty good shape too. Nice avatar, did you catch that monster by hand like those crazy folks on tv?

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Heath !!! I found out last night that I'm off Fri and Sat this week , gotta work tonight , I'll call you when I wake up later on this evening . Theres alot of history in the town you found that at , I found the 1\2 Real on the other side of the river close by .

Dave

OP
OP
Heath j

Heath j

Dec 11, 2010
Cleveland, Tn
Detector(s) used
bearbqd said:
Feels great to find that first one huh? Congrats! Pretty good shape too. Nice avatar, did you catch that monster by hand like those crazy folks on tv?
I am one of those crazy folks on tv. Filmed 2 shows this past summer one for ABC 's Saturday morning kids show "Culture Click" and a pilot with 2you of the chefs from Fox's "Hell's Kitchen" that will air on Travel Channel or Food Network. I've got anout 40 vids on Youtube type in "noodlinninja" you'll get my channel.

OP
OP
Heath j

Heath j

Dec 11, 2010
Cleveland, Tn
Detector(s) used
underarock said:
hope you get many more! an 1899 was my first as well. did it ring up as zinc on the ace?
It toned out a solid copper never flickered.

OP
OP
Heath j

Heath j

Dec 11, 2010
Cleveland, Tn
Detector(s) used
Got it all cleaned up! Phone posted pic upside down for some reason.

Attachments

• 092811194940.jpg
    092811194940.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 245

7creeks

Oct 14, 2009
Dark Hills of Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you got your first one. Now they will start jumping out of the ground for you :hello2:

OP
OP
Heath j

Heath j

Dec 11, 2010
Cleveland, Tn
Detector(s) used
Mac232 said:
WTG Heath !!! I found out last night that I'm off Fri and Sat this week , gotta work tonight , I'll call you when I wake up later on this evening . Theres alot of history in the town you found that at , I found the 1\2 Real on the other side of the river close by .

Dave
I should be clear to go tomorrow just give me a shout.

XPress2

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow... Congratulations. I wish I was so lucky to find another Indian Head. They are extremely rare in Pittsburgh.

Snake Eyes

Sep 24, 2011
111/101 in SW Ohio.
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Explorer SE, Dowsing Rods...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1899 was my first Indian as well!

Stick with that site, because as you learn more about detecting, and your machine, your find more there :headbang:

CHEERS :coffee2: Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread