My first outing

Duckman Willcox

Sep 20, 2015
SouthTexas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500, XP Deus, Simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I built a test garden in my yard and tried that for a day. Today I headed out to a couple of tot lots for a field test. The first hour I was really impress by the depth. I was finding pull tabs and bottle tops from 3 t 6 inches deeper than my other detectors. I was not use to just a graphic representation of size and depth so was digging a lot deeper. I am starting to learn the small variations in sound/frequency. I am stubborn and will stick to it until I am at least proficient with
it.

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's well worth sticking with!
The machine is so dynamic every change in setting and frequency opens up new opportinities. Welcome to the club! HH

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are very subtle differences in the sounds that can tell you a great deal once they become second nature. For example, I have been using the Gold Field program (basically the Deus version of an all metal mode) in an area with highly mineralized soil that is also home to an annoying matrix of hot rocks scattered about. After several outings, I have been able to pick up on a subtle "delay" associated with the hot rock signal response such that I can tell with high certainty when I am passing the coil over a hot rock vs. a legit target and can avoid an unnecessary dig. Practice makes perfect when training your ear to pick up on these subtleties so keep at it. It's the right thing to do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread