My first pocket watch

rsilva02667

Jan 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this pocket watch in the woods behind a house that dates back to the 1700's but also has recent activity. First I found the back of the watch and couldn't find the rest in the same area so I walked away and ended up finding the mechanism about 50 feet away. Is there any way to tell how old it might be? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421862041.147665.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421862051.511881.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421862062.127554.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421862069.961648.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421862078.164042.jpg maybe my next one will be silver or gold! Happy hunting everyone!

Upvote 7
cool find, I normally find 1 at almost all turn of the century homes I have detected locally. Found 6 in 2014.

really cool find, love those pocket watches

That's a nice one! Appears that one required a key to wind it. Strikes me as being much older than the one I found this past Sat. Congrats

It's always cool finding the rest of the pieces to something you just found :thumbsup:

That's a cool find find - will look great cleaned up in your relic case ! I think it's Circa 1910 -20 (could be a bit older )

Thanks guys! I was real happy with the find! And shocked when I happened to walk the right direction to find the rest of it! I was guessing it's about 100 years old. Maybe a little older

Very nice watch find, Congratulations!

Excellent pocket watch. Hard to imagine people lost things that big. Harder to imagine how over time stuff "sinks" into the ground like it does. That's one part of the hobby that amazes me.

I find quite a few, but none worth much and in good shape. There is a sometimes a serial number on both the mechanism and the case that you can look up for a date.

What pointman said. If you can find the serial number on the mechanism, you should be able to date it. I've only found one pocket watch but it was fully intact and that's the way i was able to date it. I could see that there is something stamped on yours but i cant make it all out from the pic. GL and nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back