my first pre-CW artillery button !!

dandan

Feb 24, 2006
Out in a farm field that I've hit in the past without a whole lot of luck. I was following the course of the "Old Kings Highway" and not getting much to speak of but I know it's there somewhere! I literally can see 3 stone houses and a stone church from this field! I was about to give up for the day when about 15 feet from my truck I get a decent Clad signal (theres very little clad in this field) which is where the buttons and buckles come up. To my delight this is what showed itself! Can anybody br more specific with a date? backmark is triple standard. Thanks and HH !

Attachments

• DSCN1918.JPG
    DSCN1918.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 807
  • DSCN1919.JPG
    DSCN1919.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 809
Upvote 0

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I don't know much about the button but it is a nice find.
Dman

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Really nice Button :o
I have not seen that device before..
Some Vermont Militia buttons are similar, but so are some US Artillery :dontknow:
A Die Stamped copper with the identical BM listed in Tice under Vermont militia
1790-1810... Congrats on a Great Find :thumbsup:

OP
OP
dandan

dandan

Feb 24, 2006
This was found in the Hudson valley. To correct my quote the bm is treble not triple. Thanks for the replies, when in doubt I know to turn to T-Net. Yea I'm pretty pleased with this button, to me it's worth more than its weight in gold! I can picture them walking along the road, coming or going, it gets caught on a musket strap and waited all these yrs for ME to come along and hold it!!

Epiphany

Feb 5, 2008
Dutchess County New York
Detector(s) used
ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dandan said:
This was found in the Hudson valley. To correct my quote the bm is treble not triple. Thanks for the replies, when in doubt I know to turn to T-Net. Yea I'm pretty pleased with this button, to me it's worth more than its weight in gold! I can picture them walking along the road, coming or going, it gets caught on a musket strap and waited all these yrs for ME to come along and hold it!!
hey...nice finds...where abouts in the hudson valley?...im in dutchess county...

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's definitely a little beauty!

All the best,

Lanny

flatbuttonman

Dec 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dandan said:
Out in a farm field that I've hit in the past without a whole lot of luck. I was following the course of the "Old Kings Highway" and not getting much to speak of but I know it's there somewhere! I literally can see 3 stone houses and a stone church from this field! I was about to give up for the day when about 15 feet from my truck I get a decent Clad signal (theres very little clad in this field) which is where the buttons and buckles come up. To my delight this is what showed itself! Can anybody br more specific with a date? backmark is triple standard. Thanks and HH !
Wow!! Very nice Button great job,I love finding Buttons even flat ones keep hunting that spot it will pay off good luck.
flatbuttonman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread