Snow Silver is Better Than No Silver

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
The last couple days have been in the mid 30's and we still have a couple inches of snow on the ground. Being the avid detectorist that I am :tard: I couldn't bear to sit around so I headed for the woods where the ground cover prevents the frost from setting in. I spent a couple hours each day and scored a few more silver for the 2011 season. Yesterday I got the 1909 Barber dime and 1 lonely wheat before I got cold, today was a little better with a trifecta, the 1914 Barber dime, the 1918 Merc and a '51 Rosey, a 1903 Injun, 2 wheats and a Sioux City trolley token. I believe this is the latest in the year I've ever been out, I'm cold blooded and get cold pretty quick but I had fun and boosted my silver total to 377 for the year. Who knows, if the temps stay mild I might get out a few more times. Thanks for looking and HH.
Deano
101_1562.jpg

Upvote 0

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deano ....377...Did they just throw money on the ground there & write a book to tell you where to dig it?...Just kidding man, your killing it....... keep doing what your doing its working well!

oldmaps

Aug 11, 2010
al , ms , fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari , ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you must be the only one with a metal detector in your town,thats a great silver count for one year.
HH
Tim

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They sure did clean up nice. Congrats.

dasho

Jul 19, 2010
MO
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS & E-Trac & Sun Ray Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice silver there... Certainly worth braving the cold!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking Barber's there Deano :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread