My first relic (sort of)

Keith IL

Jan 8, 2004
Well it is the coolest older thing I've found detecting besides the usual coinage. Not sure but think it's door bell, the old fashion type that you pushed the little lever and it clanged out a bell sound. The only rust is on the back and it is solid.
bell1.JPG

bell2.JPG

And my very first old bottle,now it's not the oldest bottle ever but there were all sorts of broken glass but could only find the one unbroken. There were broken blobs and purple glass and all other colors and shapes. Tthe actual dump stretches for at least a full city block but this seems to be the oldest part. Didn't have a shovel or anything to collect shards but will next time.
Lee & Perrins Worcestershire
L&Pbottle.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

Keith IL

Jan 8, 2004
downindixie said:
The bell loooks like one from a bicycle.The clamp on the back was fastened to the handle bar.
I would have thought so also but it's very heavy and the dia. is small as if it would have been the worlds smallest handle bar

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! The bell, whatever it is, is very ornate. I like the bottle too. Old bottles are a welcome find on any hunt! Good luck searching the rest of the dump!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread