SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found my first ring yesterday and it was actually not crap.

When it was in the sand it looked like the stones were dark and HUGE and got my blood flowing.
First thing I thought was diamonds are rubies.

After a closer look turns out it's only diamond chips and the best I can find resembling the stones is pink sapphires or tourmaline? It's missing a few stones, but for a my first jewelry find I can't complain.

It is 10k so I'm happy and weighs 3.7 grams. That's about $66 worth of gold. I'll take it! :headbang:
The markings inside are VIP 10k and on the other side is a C in a circle like the copywrite sign.

Attachments

• ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 690
Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nice ring! You know when you sell it for gold, they take the stones off and weigh it, then figure how much actual gold there is. If they are diamonds and saphires or tourmaline, they are still nice. They will add up, and maybe a jeweler may buy them from you. Tiny diamonds arent worth much, but they are worth something.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first Gold ring!!! HH Chug Its a great rush that gets your blood pumping for sure!!!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
OH NO you found your first ring.... now you are hooked! Once that first ring is found..... **sigh** All kidding aside... nice ring for your first ring. WTG Now you will have an unwritten list of ones you want to find in the future. Class ring, spinner, white gold, white gold with diamonds, platinium etc etc. Go for it! :wink:

OP
OP
SeaninNH

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
stevemc said:
Nice ring! You know when you sell it for gold, they take the stones off and weigh it, then figure how much actual gold there is. If they are diamonds and saphires or tourmaline, they are still nice. They will add up, and maybe a jeweler may buy them from you. Tiny diamonds arent worth much, but they are worth something.

Yes I'm aware of that. I figure the stones can't weigh more than .7 grams so I figure 3 or so grams of 10k gold.

I'll take it for my first ring find ever lol.

OP
OP
SeaninNH

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mumszie said:
OH NO you found your first ring.... now you are hooked! Once that first ring is found..... **sigh** All kidding aside... nice ring for your first ring. WTG Now you will have an unwritten list of ones you want to find in the future. Class ring, spinner, white gold, white gold with diamonds, platinium etc etc. Go for it! :wink:

Too late.. I already had the list before I even found this lol.

Diamonds... I want diamonds! Big sparkly diamonds :laughing7:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a very nice first!!!!!!!!!! :icon_thumright:

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
Nice first find. Ask if they are allowing you anything for the stones. If not remove them and keep them for future family replacement stones or stones to add to another piece of jewellery. My family always seems to find a use for mine, Congrates again. :coffee2: Rick

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congratulations on a beautiful first ring find, Sean! :headbang:

Attachments

• sparkler wow.gif
    sparkler wow.gif
    44.3 KB · Views: 360
  • sparkler wow.gif
    sparkler wow.gif
    44.3 KB · Views: 363

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that nice ring! The first of many!!

OP
OP
SeaninNH

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the comments all. I am quite happy. Even more now.. I had a guy offer me $50 for it and he's going to take the stones out for me. :hello2:

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BIG congrats ! ! ! I wish my first looked like that. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread