My first shield nickel, now I can mark that one of the list.

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
I have not posted any finds in a while. I have just been to busy to do any serious hunting. Today I decided to take the Compass Gold Scanner Pro to the old iron pit that I thought was about cleaned out. NOPE the old Compass saw conductives everywhere. This place is HARSH ever hole is full of nails, glass/pottery shards and coke from the old coal furnaces of yesteryear. I kinda think this place was the old city dump in the mid 1800's through about 1940. I could litteraly get 5 gallon buckets full of glass/pottery shards every shape size and color. Anyways I have worked this place with every detector I own except my Compass's SO today I gave the GSP it's chance. Outcome was new conductive signals litterally everywhere COOL. Within 15 minutes I had already dug 4-5 nice conductives. Then I hit the 1870 shield nickel, this is my first
to date. I also found a button with an eagle on the front and american union. If anyone can identify the button I will appreciate it. I am also posting some finds in the last 2 pics of a short hunt last sunday. Hope you enjoy I know I did.

Attachments

• IMG_0838.JPG
    IMG_0838.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0832.JPG
    IMG_0832.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_0830.JPG
    IMG_0830.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0836.JPG
    IMG_0836.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0783.JPG
    IMG_0783.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 333
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lookin' for one myself John......Sweet find's.Do you know anything about the "union" token yet,look's pretty old.Nice Job Buddy :thumbsup:

OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
RIGHTEOUS ...

I would like to join you ... HOWEVER ... It still remains on my list ...

SWEET ... john ...

Rock On & Persevere ...

~ Nick ~

Thanks Nick I would have to say if I was betting that would have been the last coin I would have expected to find today. This thing reads barely above small foil...
I predict your Fine Sov GT will reveal one of these babies in your near future also.
Rock on yourself my Righteous Friend..

civilman1 said:
Lookin' for one myself John......Sweet find's.Do you know anything about the "union" token yet,look's pretty old.Nice Job Buddy :thumbsup:

Thanks Civil I never thought I would find a shield.
The Union thing looks more like a 2 piece button that once had maybe a tin back instead of a token. I don't even know where to begin trying to identify this thing Weird.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John,

You're all over these TYPE coins recently--Congratulations!

:thumbsup:

I like the suspender clip too.  :)

-Buck

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your first Shield nickel!! :thumbsup: I just found my first onr this year after 30 years of hunting. I like that Cameo piece too!

Much luck,
Steve

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on your first shield nickel and the other nice finds WTG :thumbsup:
Glenn

S

seger98

Very nice collection of finds, but why scratch it off the list? Why not try finding another one to keep it company? WTG

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surprisingly great shape! They don't dig up looking that nice, that often. Congrates

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread