MY FIRST SILVER COIN FROM THE LARGE AREA (Quick Update)

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Went back today to the large area that has been scraped and detected for 3 hours. I finally found my first silver coin today, 1962D Rosie and 3 wheaties 1926, 1953D,and 1956. It's not a Merc or Barber,but I was still very excited.

While I was detecting I heard something comming near me,and I had my headphones on so I wasn't sure what direction it was comming from. I turned around and there was a man with a small dog. He said hi, it's me again and I thought again? Then I remember the guy in the pick-up truck from the night before that wanted to make sure I wouldn't hurt myself because it got dark out and I was still detecting. He said I brought you something, and he handed me an ice cold bottle of water and said I thought you could needed it. He said he has been watching me detect the last three days, and pointed to his house across the street from the area I was detecting. The dog was really cute and friendly and kept giving me kisses. lol

Then he said I know where a ring was lost 20 years ago; at a bar in the gravel parking lot. As salt was being thrown the ring slipped off. He said the place and parking lot have not changed,it's probably still there. He said he wished he had a metal detector to search for it and said it's 2 1/2 kt pear shaped diamond worth $10,000. He said if you find it we can sell it and split the money. I said if it's found we'd have to find a place to sell it and then he said I'm a jeweler and he wouldn't have any problem selling it. I said if I find it I'll let you know. He gave me the infromation to where it is located so I checked out the area tonight. I'm going to see if I can detect there tomorrow.

As I'm leaving the area a man and his wife walked passed and he asked what I had found and I told him mostly wheat cents and regular memorial cents. Then he said are you using a Garrett and I said yes an Ace 250. He said I have that machine and several others, maybe I'll come up here tonight and give it a try. He also had seen me detecting for the last few days. So I went home after 3 hours of detecting to change clothes(it was in the upper 80's today) and get something to drink. I went back an hour later and he had arrived with a Whites XLT and the Ace 250 in his hands. He tried both but said he just can't get use to the Ace 250,since he's so use to the XLT and it's usually very accurate. He said he found a lot of clad coins,including 2 nickles but couldn't tell what they were. He also couldn't believe he was finding such common coins that far down in the ground after they had already scraped the area. Then he proceeded to tell me where they are dumping the dirt at,and I checked that out tonight as well, but I didn't find the area he described. So I'm not sure if he actually knew that area or just didn't describe it well.

UPDATE: I obtained permission to search the gravel parking lot where the ring may be located. I'll start looking for it Tuesday or Wed morning and report any findings at that time.

Attachments

• Dime1.jpg
    Dime1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 541
Upvote 0

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: MY FIRST SILVER COIN FROM THE LARGE AREA

cool findings .. i hope you find the ring to .. and dont forget the pics if you find it ..

USTiger

R

rvbvetter

Congrats on your first silver. Those wheats aren't too shabby either.
Sounds like your site has a lot of potential and well worth visiting numerous times. Hope you find the ring. WTG!!! HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CONGRATS on your first Silver,
And the Lead on the Ring.

Sounds like you have some good leads there.

Happy Hunting !

Jeff

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

All right! Glad you stuck it out and kept going. If you see him again, remind him that clad has now been around for a little over 40 years. LOL Best of luck on the gold as well. HH!

K

Kenneth Huddleston

Go find that $10,000 ring !! I had an experience like the one you discribed in this post !! I was detecting a rodeo grounds and the lady that I paid rent to and owned the rodeo grounds walked up to me and asked if my Spectrum XLT found gold?? I said yes and she proceded to tell me of a ring that she had lost and the area that she had lost it in while she was unloading her horse from a horse trailor! The ring was appraised at $8,000 !!! SOooo I proceded to hunt the area she had discribed and in about an hour and a half got a low tone on my Spectrum and one TALL bar !! Thinking it was ANOTHER pulltab I prepared to dig BUT there was no need !!! There it was SHINING in the sun was was her ring !!! She came over to my house a couple of days latter and gave me a $100.00 REWARD which I told her wasnt nessasary but she insisted !!! SOOOoo!! The moral of ths story GIT R DONE !!! Go right now and find that ring because SOMEONE will see it shining in the sun and it will be GONE !!! KENNETH

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Congrats on your first silver!!! I'm sure it will be the first of many...
Good luck with the ring, & Happy hunting~

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505

Keep us posted on the hunt for the ring. If you find it and put it in a new thread can you put a link to it here? Thanks.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

P,

congrat on that first silver coin.

Hope many more to come.

have a good un..................

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Way to go Penny! Now go find that ring!! :o

Nana ;)

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho

WAY TO GO!!!! very happy for ya!! thanks for keeping us posted :o

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.

Hey! You did it! Congrats on your first. There's bound to be some more at that site.
Best of luck to you and HH!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great find, i'm sure there will be plenty more where that came from.
You are using one of the hottest machines on the market. I know because
I have one and have found hundreds of coins with it this year. Not to long
ago I found what I think is a 6 pounder cannonball. I also have a Whites XLT,
but really like the ACE 250 because it is so light.

Well good luck, and if you look at some of past posts on here you will see many
of the items that I've found with my ACE 250.

OP
OP
Pennyworth

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
icegator said:
congrats on the silver. i hope the guy is not stalking you.

ice

No, I don't believe he is stalking me. I'm right in front of his house,across the street and in plain sight. But if he were stalking me, I can take care of myself most of the time. This guy is tall,but not very muscular, I think I can take him. ;)

nybuford

Jan 16, 2006
Penny,
Congrats on the silver dime! Good luck with the ring! Hope you can find it. That would be a nice little payday for doing something you enjoy!
Bu

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread