MY FIRST SILVER COIN!!! YES!! ALL HAIL THE ACE 250!

PATreasureHunter

Mar 22, 2007
Lititz, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Back at my great-great aunt's house today, for the fourth time. Each time I go there, it never disappoints. BUT.....today was the kicker. I pulled out my FIRST SILVER COIN!!! It's a 1943 Mercury dime. It was about 4 inches down, and the ace250 went crazy when it was being pinpointed. WHAT A RUSH it was when I pulled it out of the ground!! It's in awesome shape too, to boot. I also retrrived 4 more wheaties from that same yard, a bunch more clad, and some more what-zits. I feel that I have scoured the yard pretyt good now, BUT I will go back for at leats one more sweep. It's a great feeling when you find you first silver coin, and EVERYBODY on here was right - it came when I least expected it. Thanks for reading, and happy hunting to all!

Attachments

• merc1.jpg
    merc1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,556
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,541
Upvote 0

starwarsblazer

Jul 24, 2007
Portland, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
You are right about finding them when you least expect it. My first was also a Merc, only 1944. I found her next to a pond while telling my mom that I had another clad penny in the hole. I just about fell over when I saw the silver beauty roll out onto the grass :)

Congrats!

Greg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread