My First SILVER Ring - Doing the Happy Dance

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last couple of days I've been trying to figure out what my goals would be for this weekend. I had been reading about the 100 coins days, and rings in the tot lots, so I set some modest goals. I decided I would have a 25 coin day (most that I had found was under 10) and a ring (any ring, just a ring). So off I headed this morning to a local elementary school that I had hit about 3 weeks ago (before my ACE 250). They have a large play area with wood chips. The second coin I dig is a 1945S Wheatie (this is going to be a good day). Then after a few clad coins, my detector starts singing a song. I move some wood chips, scan the area and nothing. Scan the wood chips that I moved, and it's in there. So I grab a handful to run them over my coil, and there it is, a .925 Ring with some nice looking stones (not sure if those are real). I started doing that Happy Dance. Next 2 coins were 1965 cents (the year I was born). That was a sign, so I kept on swinging. Total count - 32 coins with one being a wheatie, silver ring, silver earring, a small silver bauble and a couple other junk metal baubles. By far my best day.
Now I must shoot for a 50 coin day and a gold ring.

HH and thanks in advance for reading.

UPDATE: Just got back from Zales - Stones aren't real. I'm happy with the silver part. :D

Attachments

• ring top.jpg
    ring top.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 364
  • ring01.jpg
    ring01.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 367
  • Ring Back.jpg
    Ring Back.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 374
  • 925.jpg
    925.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 368
  • 1945S.jpg
    1945S.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 355
  • ear ring.jpg
    ear ring.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 348
  • May 12 Westgate.jpg
    May 12 Westgate.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 338
Upvote 0

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on hitting your targets. Very nice ring and ear ring. Some stores like Zales have a laser tool for determining diamonds. Work by determining the refractive index, I think. Plus they say they will clean any jewelry for free. Might be work taking to the mall just to find out. Long term though, you need to find a friendly jewlery store.

HH.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clad is great, wheaties better, but I love to find the little silver baubles more than anything. Great day! Monty

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Nice ring!!

Neal, that Ace is going to keep you thrilled!! Gold rings have a great sound and your clad total will just get better and better!! Screw 50, shoot for a 100 coin day!!!

Smokey

Feb 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100
;D Sounds you had a GREAT DAY ;D

Great Looking Ring!!!

55TXBANDIT​

Bertman

Apr 13, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Minelab E-Trac
Rock on Neal... Thanks for the story and the cool pics of that outstanding ring...

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Big Congrat's on your first Silver Ring Neal....Bet your old ticker skipped a beat on the "rock"....Quick question.....How did you end up with one of these in NE....Funny Stuff!!!

Attachments

• P5120001.JPG
    P5120001.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 246
OP
OP
nealb

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all for the wonderful comments. I think the 250 and I are going to get along just fine.

Civilman - That is way to funny - each of us finding the same trinket that far away. Any idea what it's off of?

Sheldius - Thanks for the suggestion about Zales, they were more than happy to test it.

Jack, 100 is not out of the question. I'm doing another school playground tomorrow morning.

HH all

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring, Neal. Congrats on your first ring. :)
(We're still waiting on ours.)

HH

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, like you said, at least it is silver. Really doesn't matter about the stones. The thrill of the find. :D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread