My first Silver!

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
Okay, i know it's sad I got so excited over this...but it is my first silver dug coin. 1954 Rosie. Found a lot of other "junk" and some what's its, that I'll post on that site, but was happy to find this. It is not an old park, but is in an older town dating to the late 1800's. Still have the field to hunt, but found this by an old pine. thanks for looking even though it is not near as exciting as most other posts here ::) Sorry the pic is blurry.

Attachments

• IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 684
Upvote 0

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing sad about digging silver! Congratulations on your first silver, I think you will find that they will come a litte easier now that you got the first one out of the way. Hold your head high! :thumbsup:

Steve

Bertman

Apr 13, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Minelab E-Trac
Congrats on your first silver myelo1023... I still remember mine from about 25 years ago... They were taking out some old houses by the Airport and I found a 1942 quarter... May you find many many more...

HH Robert

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man , That is a very post worthy find indeed ! I think my first silver find was a 1958 rosie, 1st

silver coin anyway - I remember being pretty thrilled with it- Heres hoping you find many more

lovely silver coins (and rings ) and just wait till you find your first merc ! Argentium.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Congratulations on the silver rosie! Any silver wheather is a ring or a coin is a very good find! :thumbsup:

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the first silver. You're past the hard part now, they come quicker and easier from here on out. :icon_king:

OP
OP
myelo1023

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Argentium said:
Hey man , That is a very post worthy find indeed ! I think my first silver find was a 1958 rosie, 1st

silver coin anyway - I remember being pretty thrilled with it- Heres hoping you find many more

lovely silver coins (and rings ) and just wait till you find your first merc ! Argentium.

Thanks Argentium! Seems like I'm always the one finding places for my nephew and I to hunt...but none of the goods! My nephew found his first Barber (1906)...i was so jealous! That one little silver has given me more inspiration to go out and hunt....now if my damn work didn't selfishly interfere w/my metal detecting..... :'(

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people get all the luck, I wish i was able to find a 54 rosie today.

now get back out there so you can post some more!!

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Nothing wrong with a silver rosie!! Congrats on the first find. Just wait till you hit some really, really old silver!

Ray

OP
OP
myelo1023

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ray in CA said:
Nothing wrong with a silver rosie!! Congrats on the first find. Just wait till you hit some really, really old silver!

Ray

Yeah, in the Houston area....I'm wondering if there is such a thing!

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on your first silver, my first was a dime too WTG :thumbsup:
Glenn

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
I had to comment on this one. My first silver was a 54 rosie dime too. I scratched the crap out of it with my digger so I got that lesson learned and out of the way all at once. Its a good feeling to find that first silver. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread