My first silver!

Alabaster

Jan 9, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Ace 350
Well it all started with the idea that my Ace 250 could help to find a key my sister was missing. She suggested that it could have been dropped around the enterence to her crawl space on the side of the house. It was over a year since she last remembered having the key and with nothing to lose I figured it would be fun to stop by with the metal detector and search the area she may have dropped it. Well after only 10 minutes I had dug up a key at around 2 inches deep, which looked quite weathered coming out of the ground. My sister and I were very pleased to discover that after a little cleaning and wd40 the key fit her lock! :) I had another 30 minutes before sunset and decided to look around and see if I couldnt dig up anything else...

I then pulled this beauty out of the ground! ;D

356368526_b5f82f6046_o (Small).jpg
1924 Mercury Dime

356368528_1712ca8741_o (Small).jpg
I was quite thrilled as this is the first silver coin I have found since starting the hobby! The house was built around 1950, so the find was certainly an unexpected treat.

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good deal~

HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum! That was an awesome post! Helping anyone find a lost item and finding it gives a great feeling, congrats on that find and congrats on the silver! HH, Mike

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudos!!! Very nice coins. I enjoyed the story that goes with it. How deep were the coins?

OP
OP
Alabaster

Alabaster

Jan 9, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Ace 350
lejeuene said:
Kudos!!! Very nice coins. I enjoyed the story that goes with it. How deep were the coins?

The dime was ~2 inches down. I was using the smaller "sniper" coil with the ace 250, along with a vibra-probe pinpointer.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alabaster said:
lejeuene said:

The dime was ~2 inches down. I was using the smaller "sniper" coil with the ace 250, along with a vibra-probe pinpointer.

Thanks for that info.....I keep thinking these old coins would be way deeper....congrats again. Keep them coming.

P

PHANTOM35

congrats on the find, it's always cool to find the frist of anything. wtg ;D

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Congrats on your first silver bro, and what a nice date to start out with a mercury!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions