My first St. Christopher pendant and a nice one!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I have found other religious medals before but not one like this and not one this big and thick.
4.5 grams...shined it up pretty, took some pics and then the wife swiped it immediately when I turned my back for a second.
I will give her a nice complete silver chain she can put it on that I found with another pendant this year.
I wonder if I can get credit for this as a Christmas present?
If you are married you know that won't fly...at all.
Hey, she lets me go out and hunt a lot because I bring her back shiny things like this from time to time so win-win in my book.

Also, the funny thing was I planned on hunting at this trashy park site for several hours picking through the garbage till I found something silver and/or gold and then go home and do some chores.
Instead, I found this on the very first hole I opened.
Never plan like this in this hobby...a lesson I learned surprisingly well yesterday that you can see in the vid.

Attachments

• PicsArt_1415535868994.jpg
    PicsArt_1415535868994.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Upvote 10

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find, nice thread. I hope your wife enjoys it (I'm sure she will) Get her a nice thick silver chain for that honker or it will want to get lost again. Glad you saved it and it will find a good home (better than sitting in a drawer).

Hondo

Jul 1, 2014
Midwest
Detector(s) used
AT- Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find! Always good to score some silver, but especially nice when its heavy silver!! Also, your post reminds me that when I was a teenager 30 years ago I lost a silver St. Christopher necklace and pendant in my uncle's back yard during a family barbecue. I never found it and neither did he, but now that I have the proper tools, I think I will head over there and see if it pops up!! Good luck on the next hunt!!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found two. One last year and one this year. One is a newer, necklace pendant and the one this year, is old and was worn as a badge. Both are silver.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still looking for my first one here, congrats !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread