My first three weeks of finds...

jbow

Sep 24, 2005
Cartersville, GA
I went out today in the rain. First I stopped by the old Cassville cemetary and said hello to the over 300 unknown Confederate soldiers buried there. I also went and paid my respects to Brigadier General Wofford CSA. I shed a tear there, for along with him in his plot lies his wife, his mother and his three daughters who died at the ages of 2 years and 6 month, 18 months, and 6 months. All on different dates. What a burden for an honerable man, a General of the CSA...to lose the cause and his three daughters. Whether he had any other children I do not know.

(Saran wrap and scotch tape makes a great waterproof cover for the digimeter. Pull it tight and you can see right through it...)

I've been detecting for a few weeks now and I took some pics of the stuff i've found. The first pic is everything except for a men's? gold wedding band, I gave that to my wifey...
I bought my machine from David at Dixie. It's a SovGT with his mods, the 10" ML coil, a SR S-5 coil, and a digimeter. I'm very happy with this, my first detector.
Today I hunted a property in Cassville that is right off hwy 41 and full of enemy earthworks. That's where I found the bullet and a rusted oval metal thingy...and a quarter, i'm going back there tomorrow and from the look's of it i'll be going there all winter. Another pic is from my wife's office which used to be a residence in town. It's the pic with the diecast toys. The gun is a Roy Rogers, you can see the RR on the grip and the Coca~cola bottle is gold colored. The very last picture was in my back yard woods when I first got it. Everything is sorted by site in the big picture. When you go to the link click on the pictures and they will load large and clear. You must use use a password to sign in. It is "relics" with no ". Let me know if you have a problem and BTW... I was stoked when I found that bullet even if it is a yankee bullet. HEY... i've been researching and that ain't no yankee bullet. It's a Confederate bullet and I think it's fired since it has markings that run vertical... maybe...since it was in the enemy position...maybe it was fired at them!! Yeehaw...

http://photobucket.com/albums/y77/jbow/? remember the password is relics.

Julien

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very cool,,, WTG!!!
Love that old gun, and the little coke bottle is cool too...
That is a shame about the guys three daughters, they say time were hard back then,, I don't think we could even really even imagine what it must have actually been like...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Nice Finds Julien. I noted that you found the best state quarter there is out there. Vermont of course. That bullet was definately fired, since you can see the rifling on it. Cool finds. Congrats ...Lance

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds,
Way to hunt hard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread