My first time out this year with the Excalibur

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I stopped by a local park the other day. There was a gentleman using his detector and he looked like he was finding some things. We left and picked up our son from school with that image burned in my head that I had to go over there and try it out. We rushed home and I got the Excalibur out of hiding and headed off to the park. The first swing I got a signal. I dug and it was a pull tab. I was thinking to myself that is why the guy left early. I swung a few more times and wammo another signal. This time it was a mine field of coins. I dug up 44 pennies, 2 nickels, 7 dimes, and 6 quarters. I also dug up about 30 lead sinkers and the one item that has the glass stone in it. I almost passed out when I saw the red stone, but then quickly realized that the metal it is attached to is not gold. I don't know if it is old or not. I have found in the same area old clay pipes and other artifacts. I still haven't found a ring with my detector but this year will be the one. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 410
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be glad you can find pull tabs! Around 90% of the gold rings are in the same conductivity range so if you were to disc. them out, kiss the rings goodby. Exca works better with a slightly slower sweep speed too. I think you have the best detector made because of the Iron Mask.

Attachments

• Excal  1000 (WinCE).jpg
    Excal 1000 (WinCE).jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 366
OP
OP
JP

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman, I don't know if you remember me but I sent a message to you last year about which would you recommend either the Tiger Shark or the Excalibur. You recommended the Excalibur and I have been happy ever since. I didn't get to thank you before, but thank you for your recomendation. It actually blows my other detector away and makes me mad that the other one is not like this one. The Iron Mask feature is the best. By the way I didn't count all the pulltabs that I found but there were a handfull. The only reason I left is because I was exhausted. There are more targets to go back for.

OP
OP
JP

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you 100%. I don't know why some post that the Excal has a learning curve. The first time I took it to the beach I was finding coins. I still haven't found any rings, at least of value, but this year is the year I will. I have found old artifacts at the Treasure Coast and silver items (charms). I believe this is one of the best I have ever owned in my life. I have only had 4 machines but this is the top contender. I haven't had a chance to try all the detectors out there, but I am happy with this one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread