Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was around a high school built in the 50's, which is next to an old horse racing track from the 30's which is no longer there and has been filled and raised at least a foot.

I checked a sidewalk strip next to the school parking lot, and about 3 inches down was this beauty. Must have been dropped late 1800's and pushed around by a dozer. My first seated coin and oldest silver.

20180810_200109.jpg
20180810_200048.jpg

Thanks for checking out my day!

Upvote 48
Sweet find, congratulations! :occasion14:

Nice. Old silver has a special appeal. That would have made my day.

That is awesome!!!! Do you know I’ve only found 1 Seated Dime in my whole 5 years detecting. You’ve been sat down. Congratulations

Aaah the elusive seated, congrats on your first. Looks like it had a busy life, but still way nicer than the one seated dime I’ve ever found. Mine almost looks like a slug!

Congrats on first seated, a beautiful coin, I made a made a ring with my first seated 20180615_160328.jpg

Very nice for sure.Congrats :notworthy:

That is awesome!!!! Do you know I’ve only found 1 Seated Dime in my whole 5 years detecting. You’ve been sat down. Congratulations

Don't worry or feel bad Truth1253.
I've only dug 1 in 20 years.
It was a nice one tho.

Was around a high school built in the 50's, which is next to an old horse racing track from the 30's which is no longer there and has been filled and raised at least a foot.

I checked a sidewalk strip next to the school parking lot, and about 3 inches down was this beauty. Must have been dropped late 1800's and pushed around by a dozer. My first seated coin and oldest silver.

View attachment 1620811
View attachment 1620816

Thanks for checking out my day!

That's a nice one , I find it funny on most seated Dimes in the Coin Store have Weak or more worn reverses than obverses.

Ill pick out a nice one out of the case then look at the reverse & Growl.

As for finding one , ill take a Smooth coin. No matter the condition the "Found" coins trump the Bought ones.

Awesome coin! Can't seem to get that one off my list! Congrats on a great find there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back