My first Walker(s)! *pics*

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Got $750 into my weekly 2 boxes, finding nothing but marked up halves, and expecting nothing more than the dreaded black and white beast. In a funk, I was opening rolls almost absentmindedly, when all of a sudden I noticed that the coin on the end of the roll I just opened looked different - a giant eagle. I stared at it a second, finally comprehending that I found a walking liberty half - my first ever - and an ender to boot! :hello2:

Unfortunately, I had already opened it, too late to take a picture of it. Nice looking 1943D. I just sat there and marveled at it for awhile, then got back to opening rolls. The very next roll I opened had another walker in the middle, this time a 1939S!

At this point, I get the bright idea to flip over the rest of the unopened rolls, and lo and behold, another ender! Got a picture of it this time! Alas, that was the last of the walkers, a 1942.

I did happen to find a '67 40% in the last few rolls, but by that time it was almost a non-event.

The pics:
DSC04255.JPG

DSC04262.JPG

DSC04259.JPG

Still out there! HH!

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score! :icon_thumleft:

It may be a good thing you didn't notice the enders. Had you saw 2 Walker enders, you might have kinda been disappointed to find only 1 more. Not that 3 Walkers out of a box is ever a bad thing.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations. The walker reverse is my favority view showing as an ender in rolls of halfs.

Once you find your first one a dream Box of walkers will come soon.

I remember my dream box of walkers. About 20 rolls in the box had walker enders. Heart Almost Exploting.

Great Feeling. I just regret not keeping one of the rolls with a walker ender sealed just to keep the feeling during skunk times.

Congrats again in your first Walker

DW

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
You now have me beat!

I've only found 2 Walkers so far, in two different boxes.

It sure is a thrill, isn't it?

Congrats!!!!!!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds and great pics too! :icon_thumright:

I found a nice '39S myself in a box in Jan. It's a little better date coin with a mintage of just 2.5 m.

Congrats & good luck with the rest of your boxes this month.

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Darth Walker said:
Congratulations. The walker reverse is my favority view showing as an ender in rolls of halfs.

Once you find your first one a dream Box of walkers will come soon.

I remember my dream box of walkers. About 20 rolls in the box had walker enders. Heart Almost Exploting.

Great Feeling. I just regret not keeping one of the rolls with a walker ender sealed just to keep the feeling during skunk times.

Congrats again in your first Walker

DW

How many did that box have??

dougbfromnorthga

Apr 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon & Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Walkers FT. That is with a doubt my favorite coin of all time. HH Doug

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great score man! even just the ender would have been great

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
dougbfromnorthga said:
Congrats on the Walkers FT. That is with a doubt my favorite coin of all time. HH Doug
:thumbsup:

Love the Walker too, awesome looking coin!

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Congrats on getting your 1st WL. They are a beautiful coin for sure. You will savor that moment for a long time. Now you have broken the ice with them, you should get more in the future. Hopefully the near future.

HH

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Fantastic! It's interesting how such great finds tend to be enders.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread