Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
Wanted to share great finds today - and my first opportunity to order a box of halves.

I asked my local bank teller if he had any halves today. This is the first time in the last month I have been searching that a teller has had more than one or two clad halves. He had $10.50 in his till.

Before I purchased them, I did my normal banking and asked if he would order half dollars. I arranged for a $1000, should be in by Wednesday! First coin roll hunt is on!

Amazing - out of the 21 coins he had on hand, I found 4- 40% halves and 3- 90% halves! This is my first cache of silver.

The best part is, this find convinced my wife I'm not just crazy, and she is cool with CRH! Good day - PTL!

Attachments

• First Silver Find.jpg
    First Silver Find.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 441
  • First Silver Find.jpg
    First Silver Find.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 446
Upvote 0

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Hotel California. You can take a break but you can never leave CRH.

Darth Walker

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife gave me the ok until I showed her that $83 face of 90% was converted into $1,300 dollars.
Convencing the wife is harder than finding a dream box.

DW

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
My wife would simply look at me weird while I was opening the first boxes I ever bought.

I now have her hooked.

During a depressing skunk streak, I told her I was almost ready to give up boxes altogether...and she looked at me with such sad eyes, and said "I can't quit. I just cannot give up halves."

Funny, but true.

Congrats on your finds!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread