My first week of detecting

revdrlon

Apr 19, 2008
owensboro, ky
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter land star
i got my new bounty hunter land star in the mail last monday, went around my yard and found some clad and a cuff link(not pictured). then i went to my moms and we searched her neighbors yard, on the first hole i found the round lead thing with the hole in it, i have no idea what it is... then on the second hole up popped a sterling ring! we went to a soccer field next and i found some more clad. then we went to an old farm and i didnt find much but she found a window weight in a big hole we can only think was once a cellar. we are going to go back to the farm this weekend, it should have some good stuff on it because it was the home base of the cole bros. circus. all the houses have been tore down recently and there are a few barns still standing. we would like to get a few other people in on the hunt so if you live in ky and want to swing by owensboro then send me a message, we would like to try and get a club together.

Attachments

• 100_1910.jpg
    100_1910.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 673
Upvote 0

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great first week. Sounds like you have a great place to hunt. Nice ring too--my favorite to find.

SKD

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you kidding me ??? Go back to that site that produced the ring. :icon_sunny:

Killer first week, WTG !!
Silver on your first hunt is a real good sign. ;D

Keep @ it and HH!!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Looks like you are off to a stellar start! That ring is a beauty and your site sounds great! Congrats on some great finds already!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well your off to a great start, keep swinging that coil and do yer homework like ya have been and more good things are coming yer way :thumbsup:

Slipperyjack

OP
OP
revdrlon

revdrlon

Apr 19, 2008
owensboro, ky
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter land star
i am hoping to find some gold pretty soon, when i do i am gonna trade it in to get the sterling ring resized and get the gem replaced in it. i gotta keep the sterling ring because its my first good find besides clad.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Nice haul...you are now offically up and running!! Good luck on all of your future hunts!
HH
Baggins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread