My First "WILD" Buffalo!!!

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
On vacation at the family lake house an saw my parents change jar on the counter...went through all $13.00 FV in a few minutes and found 44 Cu Cents, 1 National Park Quarter to fill a missing hole in my Whitman Folder...and this beautiful Buffalo Nickel!!! Has a nice clear 1934 date on it. First one found in the "wild" too!

image-1500802034.jpg

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice to capture a wild buff. Do you search nickel boxes? If you do you should be able to pull some buffs. I get one every box or two. HH
Merc

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
mercury1 said:
Nice to capture a wild buff. Do you search nickel boxes? If you do you should be able to pull some buffs. I get one every box or two. HH
Merc

I haven't searched many boxes but the ones I have didn't produce a whole lot other than filling empty slots in the Whitman folders! Maybe I'll start searching more to build a buffalo and war nickel collection. They certainly fun to come across!!!

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Coin Town said:
I haven't searched many boxes but the ones I have didn't produce a whole lot other than filling empty slots in the Whitman folders! Maybe I'll start searching more to build a buffalo and war nickel collection. They certainly fun to come across!!!

That's all I really search much anymore. I usually get about a war nick a box (found 4 in 2 different boxes) and a buffalo every 2 boxes.

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
boristhespider88 said:
That's all I really search much anymore. I usually get about a war nick a box (found 4 in 2 different boxes) and a buffalo every 2 boxes.

Any luck with CWR? Or mostly BWR?

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coin Town said:
Any luck with CWR? Or mostly BWR?

I do well with cwr. Got a solid roll of buffs recently. Also I like them because I get a lot of older Canadian nickels. And I think a lot of people are ignorant about war nicks and just roll them up. HH
Merc

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
mercury1 said:
I do well with cwr. Got a solid roll of buffs recently. Also I like them because I get a lot of older Canadian nickels. And I think a lot of people are ignorant about war nicks and just roll them up. HH
Merc

My area is populated with older retirees who worked with NASA and Boeing as engineers and such so they are pretty good about knowing what's valuable and what isn't.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i want to get into nickel boxes more as the solid 2012 nickel boxes start rolling out now, they are indeed fun!! there was a point from May until august where i was only searching a select few nickel boxes from out of my area because nickel boxes were all solid 2012. picked up a box at my local bank 2 days ago and it was a circulated nickel box, a skunk though.
hopefully i can start a nickel box a week again!
hh
buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread