My friend is full blood Hopi // hunting the res.

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my good friend / helper is full blooded Hopi and has family on the res. He goes to visit once or twice a yr. just thinking if i could get a written slip to hunt there for arrow heads or gold would be worth the time ? I have a place to stay in mohave valley some ways away from the res. but it might be a fun weekend trip . not even sure if there is GOLD on or around the Hopi res.

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
H-2
I have no idea of their laws? Reservations are kinda modern time sites anyways. Be fun to visit the culture though.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So my good friend / helper is full blooded Hopi and has family on the res. He goes to visit once or twice a yr. just thinking if i could get a written slip to hunt there for arrow heads or gold would be worth the time ? I have a place to stay in mohave valley some ways away from the res. but it might be a fun weekend trip . not even sure if there is GOLD on or around the Hopi res.
I don't know about the Hopi Res., but the Shoshone/Bannocks here only grant trespassing permits for fishing and hunting, and they are limited to particular areas, and are not cheap. I imagine it just depends on the tribe, and local politics. I would love to be able to detect on our res.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions