spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that is old news as that happened several days ago. Where have you been :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
I think that is old news as that happened several days ago. Where have you been :dontknow:

It just may come to that if more people don't consider stepping up and become Charter Members..There should be at least a couple thousand charter members here, but there is only about 500.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
We'll this may be a month late for out freidn, but other forums are using the google ads, embedded into each forum post. It's an advertisement, yes, but you don't have to click on it.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been a charter member off and on over the years. In fact I was the very first charter member. I recall when it was first announce it didn't go over very well with many. Then a group of us did it and it began to grow.

I rarely post anymore due to the fact I've finally retired completely from THing.

But the fact is the economy in the world (not just the US) is in a lot worse condition than many even realize today. And, I'm sorry to say it's going to get a lot worse.

The poor financial condition overall will eventually stifle forums such as this. I have been a seller on ebay for a good 12+ years with 100% positive feedback and today I can't hardly give away anything other than a few select types of products. Even with those I get about 1/2 of what I did 5 years ago.

Times are changing fast and people are turning away from the non-essentials. All hobbies will be in very big trouble within the next decade.

A $2000 metal detector is great but not better than food on the table or a place to live.

Badger

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MB,

Sorry to hear you have retired for TH completely, I have always enjoyed reading your posts and reviews.....

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure_Hunter said:
MB,

Sorry to hear you have retired for TH completely, I have always enjoyed reading your posts and reviews.....

Thanks.

I've enjoyed yours as well. I'll still be around here but not as often due to not being out there digging. I've changed over now completely to art (oil paintings) and hopefully marketing my work via the various means.

Badger

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
MB,

Thanks.

I've enjoyed yours as well. I'll still be around here but not as often due to not being out there digging. I've changed over now completely to art (oil paintings) and hopefully marketing my work via the various means.

Badger

I was in to painting for many years, I am a CRI, certified Bob Ross Instructor, also did traditional oils as well, mainly wildlife. I use to travel to the craft shows selling pieces from my booth as well. I painted on any medium that didn't run away, painting on saw blades, frying pans, plates, canvas, mirrors, bricks wood and so on......

I have some of my paintings on my profile page.........

Good luck sir, wish you the best and show us some of your work when your ready, I know I would be interested in seeing it....

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure_Hunter said:
Michigan Badger said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
MB,

Thanks.

Badger

I was in to painting for many years, I am a CRI, certified Bob Ross Instructor, also did traditional oils as well, mainly wildlife. I use to travel to the craft shows selling pieces from my booth as well. I painted on any medium that didn't run away, painting on saw blades, frying pans, plates, canvas, mirrors, bricks wood and so on......

I have some of my paintings on my profile page.........

Good luck sir, wish you the best and show us some of your work when your ready, I know I would be interested in seeing it....

WOW! You sure have been into art.

I think we'll always remember the voice and style of Bob Ross.

I did my first painting (on wood) back in about 1971. I eventually got into watercolors but didn't care for it so now I'm back to oils.

I'm mostly impressionistic but recently started studying realism under Mark Carder. In the past I just did whatever to please myself but now finally I'm getting serious about it.

I'll be sure to check out your posted works. Maybe sometime I'll post some of mine.

Best to you,

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread