My Gold Is FINALLY Real..14k Ring!!

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
Went to the ol beach again, looks like I'm addicted now.....found ring #2 WOW!!! I thought it was a toe ring, but went to a jeweler on the way home just to check.....I was sooo surprised!! It's actually a 14k ring with a single diamond in it....A REAL DIAMOND!! Anyway the ring weighed 2.2 grams and is worth about $22.50 if I sold it for scrap.....not this time!!!! It's my SHOW-OFF piece wooo-hooo!!! finds(08-06-13).JPG ring(08-06-13).JPG ring2(08-06-13).JPG

Upvote 0

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrads! your Hooked now !, don't sell your gold to the local places you wont get near what your finds are worth, ask around on here where everyone is sellin to, right now gold is dropping in price anyway its worth to wait until it goes back up. H.H. Capt !

GoldGirl56

Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro & Garrett PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is so exciting! Congratulations :)

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your 1st gold ring. Like Captain said don't sell local. No way should they be offering you $22.50 for it way to little. The scrap numbers to your ring are below.

14K 2.2 grams is 53.18 scrap price based on gold being 1,277.10 an ounce. Take into account the diamond which is a chip you have to take a little weight off maybe 0.1 grams. Looks like there offer was around 30-40% scrap price. No wonder these places make a killing.

If you want to sell gold for scrap in the future try ARA Dallas Gold Processing They will pay at least 95% spot and send you your stones back.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your 1st gold ring. Like Captain said don't sell local. No way should they be offering you $22.50 for it way to little. The scrap numbers to your ring are below.

14K 2.2 grams is 53.18 scrap price based on gold being 1,277.10 an ounce. Take into account the diamond which is a chip you have to take a little weight off maybe 0.1 grams. Looks like there offer was around 30-40% scrap price. No wonder these places make a killing.

If you want to sell gold for scrap in the future try ARA Dallas Gold Processing They will pay at least 95% spot and send you your stones back.
Yeah, that's a 50 dollar ring if you send it to ARA...that's where my stuff goes...congrats on your first gold but I feel sorry for you because now your going to get the FEVER.

OP
OP
dale3fan28

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
you got that right! I'm hooked and about to head back out. Looks like my beach isn't hit by any other locals too much...lots o beaver tails, and I haven't seen not one other person out there, maybe it's the heat, I left at noon yesterday and it was already 97. Guess I'll work it as hard as I can.......have a blessed day everyone!

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice ring! Congrats!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat ring...CONGRATS!

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro silver umax, Whites Spectrum XLT
Past: Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice, after reading some of these posts I have sold some rings I have eye found for soooo cheap :/

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dale3fan28, great find. Very exciting. I'm still waiting to find my first ring but know it will happen someday. Just gotta stay with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread