Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I removed the topic because there is to much uncertainty about it until i can figure out why someone over there would send me a photo of a imitation coin i have no clue, my great aunt does not even have a computer or properly does not even know how to use one it might of been one of her children my sister can call her i cant i use Magic Jack and cant call out of the USA .I apologize if someone is playing a joke on me. Jim Dd60

Upvote 0

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
I had just replied and then my post disappeared. lol
If you had followed Bandits link, you would see that the word imitation has been misinterpereted. Your Aunts coins is OLD, GENUINE, and Very important in history. If folks would like to read about it for themselves, follow the link. Let us put it this way. The coin designer tried to COPY an old Islamic coin. It is still an OLD coin. It is very valuable. Good luck to her....

The Cat

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...+Rex%22+gold+coin&hl=en&sa=G&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1

cuzcosquirrel

Aug 20, 2008
The silver dirhan and gold dinar of the Abbasids seemed to circulate well through Scandanavia in the middle ages. In much the same way German tribes made copies of Greek and Roman empire coins for internal trade, it seems this Mercian ruler copied a dirhan or dinar in gold and replaced part of the legend with his own name.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wildcat said:
I had just replied and then my post disappeared. lol
If you had followed Bandits link, you would see that the word imitation has been misinterpereted. Your Aunts coins is OLD, GENUINE, and Very important in history. If folks would like to read about it for themselves, follow the link. Let us put it this way. The coin designer tried to COPY an old Islamic coin. It is still an OLD coin. It is very valuable. Good luck to her....

The Cat

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...+Rex%22+gold+coin&hl=en&sa=G&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1

Good research, as BM quotes 'This unique gold coin of Offa'.

I think your relatives have been playing tricks on you. Specially as the findspot you gave was outside of the Mercian Kingdom by about 300 miles.

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iam just glad i decided to remove the topic because one of them her offspring most likely thought it would be funny to send a picture of that gold coin ,to me what do i know :dontknow: anyway my sister who keeps in touch with them will get to the bottom of this .Again iam sorry if that was a cruel joke and i made a fool of myself . Jim Dd60

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Blasted British humour :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread