My greatest treasure hunting day EVER!

ted750

Aug 20, 2006
Whelp, I got out for a hunt today, and instead of hunting a local park, (still looking for that first gold ring) I decided to hit an old "hunted out" location. I'll tell ya, this location, just a block from my house has yielded more treasure for me then any other place I've hunted, I finally thought I had found everything of value on this little plot of land, but thought hey, it would be nice to revisit the old stomping ground, boy am I glad I did! In the course of a 3 hour hunt (my longest ever) I found a civil war era button (the 4th from this site) 9 wheat pennies, 12 memorials, 6 clad coins, a metal golf tee (?) a gold button thingy, a gold plated earring, some junky metal ring thing, and a mercury dime! You may be thinking, "hey, that's not so great!" But that's because I haven't mentioned the best part! When I got home to clean up the "junky finds" I decided that instead of just dumping them all in my finds jar, I would clean em' up and read the dates, low and behold, the last coin I pulled out of the lemon juice was a 1914-D Wheat Penny! I almost fainted.... The photo doesn't do the coin justice, it's absolutely beautiful, the only problem it has is that the D is invisible to the naked eye, i was really dissapointed when I thought it was just a 1914, but looked at it under this magnification thing I got for christmas and voila! There it was! Plain as day under 20X magnification! THE D!!!! This may not be such a great find for some of you out there, who have found oodles and oodles of gold and diamonds and junk, but to me this is a real find. I hope you enjoyed my story.

Regards - Ted

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,527
  • Civil War Button.jpg
    Civil War Button.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,530
  • Mercury Dime.jpg
    Mercury Dime.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,492
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,512
  • 1914-D.jpg
    1914-D.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,533
Upvote 0

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Ted, those are indeed some great finds! I always get excited when I find an old wheat penny or a silver merc. The button is pretty cool too! Lately, I don't know why, but I've been finding button after button. Nothing real great so far, but I'm having fun with them. Keep hitting that park!! Oh, and by the way, buck for buck you can't beat the Silver uMax, but I guess I'm just partial to it. ;D

ModernMiner said:
I use my Silver Umax with a 9x8 coil and have dug many targets at a foot or more. I have no fancy bells and whistles, or displays, and have learned the sounds of my machine.

I've been meaning to ask you about the 9x8 spider coil. How does it compare to the 12x10?

Ray

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Famous-Trails-MD9100 ACE250-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on some nice finds! sounds like you had an awesome day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions