My high end quality detector envy fading fast!!

creattionz

Aug 15, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
So headed out saturday with a few people with my trusty Ace 250 against there Etrac and whites.
I figured I'd be the one admiring what they would find and in my head wishing I had there machines.
Well as usual my Ace wouldn't have none of that and while they may have pulled more clad then me I def dug the best of the night!!!!
Proof that the machine is only part of finding the stuff u still need to be the lucky one to walk over it

My first large cent. Blew my dang mind its a 1827 the oldest coin I've found since I started detecting in march.

ForumRunner_20130701_211619.png

ForumRunner_20130701_211632.png

Also found my first silver rosie. As you can see my digger made its mark lol

ForumRunner_20130701_211834.png

Other finds was about 1.50 in clad and some costume jewelry.

Upvote 15

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds congrats HH

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's great. congrats on the large cent. I've never even held an Ace 250, but have always heard good things about them.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds.

But unless all three machines went over the same dirt finding something that the others didn't really means you got your coil over and they didn't. :)

Maburger

May 30, 2013
Southern IN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro ACE 250 and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds.

But unless all three machines went over the same dirt finding something that the others didn't really means you got your coil over and they didn't. :)

The post does read "you still need to be the lucky one to walk over it" a lot of you are way too critical of the 250. The better I get the better the finds are. And for those of you who think the bell tone for coins is annoying, when I hear those I think "cha - Ching" clad in the jar!!

Great finds, keep it up!

Quality doesn't have to come with a huge price tag.

Last edited:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too have seen plenty of AMAZING finds posted by Ace 250 (and 350) users - (Crackbadger comes to mind - wonder where he is ?)
he used to regularly put up high karat gold finds -from beaches - (Japan / Korea ?) I think he was a military guy . He posted enough
gold that I think he could have made a good living from his detector finds .

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did really well in the year i owned my 350, i did upgrade to the atpro and the man i bought it off of owns a coin/detector shop and has been detecting for 35 yrs and has a bunch of detectors and swears by his atpro. I talked about the more expensive ones like minelabs, and tesoros and he shut me down saying "its not the fancy shmancy detector that finds the goods, its mostly the person on the other end of it" Im glad i listened to him because he saved me a ton of money and Im more than pleased with my "midgrade" detector!! Awesome finds by the way!!!!!:thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The post does read "you still need to be the lucky one to walk over it" a lot of you are way too critical of the 250. The better I get the better the finds are. And for those of you who think the bell tone for coins is annoying, when I hear those I think "cha - Ching" clad in the jar!!

Great finds, keep it up!

I don't want to get into a he said she said replies to the post. So please don't get so defensive about the machine and it's functions.

I wrote unless all the three machines are going over the same dirt doesn't say anything about the 250 being a piece of crap.

All it says he was lucky in getting the coil over the finds. If one operator gets a signal and the other operators try and can't hear it or would pass on the signal then it's a comparison.
I've been out with all the operators using top end machines, folks digging awesome targets all around me and I was digging crap, it's was case of just getting the coil over the target as all the machines could of picked up the signals.
Agreed the 250's have produced endless great finds.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Great finds, keep it up!

Always have loved the Garrett "bell tone"...got the first model with it back in '84 and was hooked...BING!!!! (OH, yeah)

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, I've had amazing luck with my Fisher F5, and an F2 before that. When I'm out with the Patriot we occasionally check each others signals just to see the comparison between our machines - my machine may be a third of the price but seems to tell me the same thing his does. So I've delayed upgrading, why mess with a good thing!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
It is a great machine and you can find lots of great stuff with it! congrats on the LC

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! We just don't seem to have that many old type coins down here in Florida like that (that I find). But, we do have the fleet wreck stuff, but it's not easy to find either.

My 250 only took 2 years to fill me up a 3x5 safe deposit box with gold. When I finally upgraded, I got the Excal to be able to water hunt. I still take my 250 out for land hunts. For me, it's been one jammin little power package of a detector!
I think the 3rd box I get will be the bigger one. :laughing7:

GuitarGuy

Apr 20, 2013
East Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know where you are coming from..I would love to have a CTX 3030 for both dry and water hunting, but can never afford those. I've been swinging now for about 6 months with a Bounty Hunter 3300 and found a few good finds..silver dimes, 4 silver rings, and some other cool old finds..I plan to get a AT Pro and that would be about the best it will get from my budget. If it wasnt for wanting one for water use..Id just stick with what I have and be happy.

The way I look at it is: 50% good location (cant find whats not there), 40% research and coverage (putting in the time to find good spots and cover most of the area well), 10% detector with good depth (to maximize getting all the good small items that may be deep).

I know they are some deep targets I have missed with what I use, but most targets are 2-5 inches and plenty of coverage (swinging time) spent will eventually get most of the stuff and anything large that is deep, say a silver dollar, would show up on my BH 3300 at 8-9 inches anyway..so only the smaller items would be missed.

MTHershey

May 2, 2013
I have about the cheapest detector on the market (Bounty Hunter Gold Digger) and got it for free. I am having fun and finding interesting and old items. I detect while my kids play in the park and on my own when I can. I would love to upgrade if I can someday, but don't envy any other machines. I'm sure some on here consider my detector a toy by comparison, but that doesn't make it any less fun for me and my family!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread