My highbanker build

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
here is my homemade highbanker i built out of some spare aluminum and other materials around my house and my proline stream sluice. since i am new to the field of highbanking i am wondering if anyone more experienced notices any issues with the design? any advice would be great, i plan on using it asap when the creeks thaw out.
Website 1.jpg

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
I have been thinking about modifying my sluice and utilizing my motor/pump from my dredge to highbank in the off season so none of what I say comes with real world experience. The one thing I think will cause you problems is the expanded metal. Sharp or jagged rocks will clog and stick in that stuff. Punch plate or woven wire mesh tends to allow material to flow over without clogging too bad. I would also consider running it all the way up with space below, and easily removed to dump any rocks that do get stuck. Looks good though. Have you tried it?

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only thing missing I see, is a splash guard on the end of the sluice where the slurry empties into it from the grizzly.
Without one you're most likely going to lose material containing gold due to the splash.

GG~

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
mxer47: i have not had a chance to go out and use it yet i am still waiting on mother nature to cooperate with me, the ground is frozen solid in addition to most water sources. i have heard the ssame thing about the expanded metal but i was trying to save money and had some expanded metal at the house, so its something i think ill just have to work through during school until i get my summer job back

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Only thing missing I see, is a splash guard on the end of the sluice where the slurry empties into it from the grizzly.
Without one you're most likely going to lose material containing gold due to the splash.

GG~

What I was thinking. Seems like alot of open area to lose your precious material. The transition from crash box to sluice is pretty open.

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GG~

You took the words right out of my mouth. Agree.

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Would this be the splash plate you all are discussing? or is it another piece im missing
Webstite 3.jpg

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's it, good job :icon_thumleft: couldn't see it from the previous camera angle.
Should probably close the hole on either side up to the support strut as well to keep material from splashing out the sides

Webstite 3.jpg

GG~

Last edited:

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
Saving money works for me. And using stuff we have laying around is a tradition. Maybe having it easily removable as I mentioned would help, then it could be knocked clean.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread