My Hunt with BB and he finally struck it big (but I didnt)

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
My Hunt with BB and he finally struck it big (but I didn't)

It was a little chilly yesterday but I really wanted to go hunting at least one more time before the end of the year. So I talked Baldingboy into going hunting with me one last time. We had gotten permission to hunt a really neat old house. BB originally got the permission but I had run into the owner after that and he told us to go for it. So BB started trying to back out at 8:30 AM. Joint Commission was here this week and I had to meet with them all day so I told him I would catch him at lunch and talk about our plans.

At lunch I couldn't find him anywhere. Come to find out he went home and took a nap on company time. ::) Anyway he showed back up at 3:45 and started whining as soon as he walked into the door about his "cold" and how he couldn't go detecting tonight. I told him I was going anyway. So then he started crying. The boss came by and told me to stop picking on BB and gave him a lollipop. He was hapy after that.

So we headed out to hunt and it was already cold. The temp had dropped to 31 by the time we headed out.

BB said he was going in to talk to the owner and let them know we were going to hunt the place. A few minutes later he comes running out with a young college girl chasing after him with a pistol. :o She said something about him harrassing her and shooting him in the large rear end. (other words were used ::)). So he comes over and decided to get dressed. Now I read his post about our "hunt" and he is smoking crack!!! He is the one that had issues getting his wide midsection into his hunting gear and I had to help him get his belt buckled. True story and I was completely dressed by the time we pulled up.

Anyway we started detecting and the college girl kept looking out the window and using a strange finger gesture at BB, the peace sign missing the index finger ::) :wink: My machine was acting weird and I was happy as a lark to be out in 28 degree weather digging into frozen ground to pull out ring tabs and pieces of aluminum sidding so I broke out into a Klingon Drinking Song. BB kept asking me what I was saying but I told him unless he spoke to me in Klingon I had nothing to say to him.

We hunted for a couple of hours and then decided to move on to a different location. I didn't find much the rest of the night. A track medal and a single wheat was about all I found and I dropped the wheat somewhere in the yard we were hunting in and didn't realize it until I got home. :-\

I keep telling BB that NOT every girl that sees him wants his body, but he's a little thick and doesn't seem to understand this fact. :wink: ;D

About an hour after I got home BB called and said when he was cleaning his stuff he found part of a Civil War belt plate. Since EVERY time I ask BB what he found during the hunt he tells me things like, "Oh I found a large cent, a $5 gold piece, a couple of Indian Heads etc etc etc" I had a hard time believing him, that and my wife was reading me the riot act about how foolish it was to be out hunting in 28 degree weather. After I understood he was telling the truth I was really excited that he had found at least part of the Belt Plate I had burried for him. ::) I mean how hard is it to find something when your hunting buddy burries it and puts a big sign right on the spot saying "Civil War Union Belt Plate Burried Here!"?? :icon_scratch: It's too bad he cut the thing in half since those things aren't cheap.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

So I really don't have anything to show this hunt but I am really happy for BB!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I did NOT bury any target for BB to find. Neither one of us would do it but it made for a funny little additon to the story didn't it?

Attachments

• stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 1,162
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,161
  • 13bk.JPG
    13bk.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 1,161
  • 31.JPG
    31.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,150
  • 31bk.JPG
    31bk.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,153
  • case.JPG
    case.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 1,143
  • copper.JPG
    copper.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,146
  • dk.JPG
    dk.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,144
  • end.JPG
    end.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,140
  • 1919.JPG
    1919.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,147
  • 31bk.JPG
    31bk.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,153
  • 31.JPG
    31.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,151
  • 13bk.JPG
    13bk.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 1,166
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,164
  • lamp.JPG
    lamp.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,159
  • medal.JPG
    medal.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,157
  • stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 1,162
Upvote 0

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Re: My Hunt with BB and he finally struck it big (but I didn't)

You had some neat finds too. I still don't know how you can have such a crazy take on our hunt. I guess the cold was too much for you last night. I will bring some soup to work for you next week and you will be all better.

We need to find out what those numbered nails are. That gold one looks like a button. We are gonna have to hammer that place!

See ya.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil

Post better pics of that thing with the patent date.

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

NO :tongue3: :tard:

I will tomorrow, I'm going to bed now, I'm tired.

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You two crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

I posted it on the What is it side too, maybe someone will know. Was there a 31st regiment in the CW???? :icon_scratch: ::) :wink:

I did find this on Google, it is close but not quite a match.... :-\

Attachments

• RWb12ds_31st_Regt_copy.jpg
    RWb12ds_31st_Regt_copy.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 1,040

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Baldingboy said:
mastereagle22 said:
NO :tongue3: :tard:

I will tomorrow, I'm going to bed now, I'm tired.

You big fat baby.
:argue:

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

:wink: ;D Hey aa NO ants were seen last night.....! :thumbsup:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mastereagle22 said:
:wink: ;D Hey aa NO ants were seen last night.....! :thumbsup:
i see ;D

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Bavaria Mike said:
Glad I had my boots on, LOL and nice finds! Your nail looks like a date nail, very collectible. Info on date nails here. http://fantasticprices.com/DateNail/Railroad.htm HH, Mike

WOW Mike...that is great! I never knew about these. Thanks for the link and congrats for ID'ing!

ME and BB....you two boys crack me up! Again, another nice story!!! Some nice finds too! Make sure you bundle good when going out in the cold, don't want to see you kids getting sick! :thumbsup:

Annmarie

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other

Huh !!!! I knew there was another side to BaldingBoys story !!!! ;D

I hope you guys have as much fun actually detecting as you do writing about it !!!!

You guys are too funny !!!

Brian in MA

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Nice to see you two made up!

Attachments

• ME and Baldingboy.jpg
    ME and Baldingboy.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 897
OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

Gypsy Heart said:
Nice to see you two made up!

Oh you misunstand Mistress Gypsy. I have yet begun the battle. NEXT HUNT, yeah you just wait. . . .. . . next hunt...(insert wicked laugh)

And after thinking about it, there are railroad tracks 1/4 of a mile away from the site, so the date nail theory seems to fit. I just think the 31 is pretty fancy and made out of different material than the 13 and 23 :icon_scratch:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

let's see...BB has called you a lighthouse and a circus bear this week....is it time to put ants in his pants yet? lol Gosh I miss you guys! Always so much fun reading your posts though and glad to see you are still able to get out and hunt some! You both found some great stuff too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread