Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. It feels like forever since I posted. Been a lot going on, but the semester is over for me as of Wednesday next week so I’m happy about that. The stuff I found from a while ago is below…nothing too exciting, but got a couple silver dimes and silver rings and I really like the Cub Scout one.

(oh yea, Mirage got tired of seeing my finds all layed out for so long with me not doing anything with them so he took matters into his own hands with the pics ;D )
Natesall.jpg

Natescubsringframed.jpg

NatesstuffA.jpg

Last weekend we got together like old times at the Iceberg with Dan. Except this time, my girlfriend Brittany got to come with us...detecting wasn't really serious this time (for me) but it was a lot of fun walking around and stuff and showing her how to use the detector. Seriously, I couldn't believe how wacky I felt and realized how odd of a hobby it is when I was explaining how everything was done, lol. No worries though, I kept my detecting pride. 8) ::) It's especially fun to see how people react to the insane noises that the chattery DFX makes with its tone ID. We get so used to it.
Anyway, it was a blast, and maybe someone will post a few pics of what they found themselves... :wink:

Well I'm hoping to have some more time for maybe a few detecting road trips during the month off coming up. Hope yall keep finding some sweet stuff. HH!

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You two would have a great time together if you could get her to hunt too! :icon_sunny:

Great finds and super pictures! 8)

Nana :wink:

bdevor8

Oct 29, 2008
Elyria
hey!! thanks for mentioning me in your post :). i suppose i'll have to put my stuff on here too (i got the hint... lol) even though it's nothing too exciting i suppose. haha remember when we pulled up that tab and i was like WOAHHH sweet and you were like uhhh britt we've got like a million of those. ill get used to it eventually. it was a lot of fun ;D.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Congrats on your finds, Nate. You Dad made a nice presentation of your finds. :thumbsup:

I've never seen a pic of you before, but you resemble your Dad so much in your GF's Avatar. :o A spittin' image of a young Mirage. ;D

If you can get your GF to go out with you more than once, she's a keeper.....my GF went out detecting with me a few times, and we've been together for a while now. But the only difference is when I ask her if she wants to go out detecting now, she just says "have a good time". ;D ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and post, congrats on getting the GF to go detect with you! HH, Mike

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck getting her to go huntin' with you again. Kinda reminds me of when I bought my wife a detector. I took her to an old Jr. High school that I had been getting alot of silver from. I showed her where to hunt and I went my way. After about an hour, I went and located her and saw her leaning on her machine , smoking a cigarette and nervously looking at her watch. I asked her if she had gotten anything, bad question...... She really laid into me with both barrels. She said; How far are we from home, you put me in an area that YOU have already beat to death! I'm not finding anything but PULLTABS! With that, I proved her wrong, I took her machine and proceeded to check around the shade yree she was standing under and found a sterling ring, only 2 inches deep, then she accused me of burying it there, ( I just couldn't win ). Then I asked her; why do you want to know how far from home we are, and why do you keep looking at your watch? She said if we hurry, we could be home in time for "Her Story" to start on T.V. >:(. End of story. That event was back in 1980, just 2 years after I got married to her. She still wants nothing to do with hunting, but likes my rewards (jewelry).....NGE

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm glad you kept your "detecting pride" there Nate ;D .......The Berg.....What can you say!!!! Very Nice Haul :thumbsup:

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
Good luck getting her to go huntin' with you again. Kinda reminds me of when I bought my wife a detector. I took her to an old Jr. High school that I had been getting alot of silver from. I showed her where to hunt and I went my way. After about an hour, I went and located her and saw her leaning on her machine , smoking a cigarette and nervously looking at her watch. I asked her if she had gotten anything, bad question...... She really laid into me with both barrels. She said; How far are we from home, you put me in an area that YOU have already beat to death! I'm not finding anything but PULLTABS! With that, I proved her wrong, I took her machine and proceeded to check around the shade yree she was standing under and found a sterling ring, only 2 inches deep, then she accused me of burying it there, ( I just couldn't win ). Then I asked her; why do you want to know how far from home we are, and why do you keep looking at your watch? She said if we hurry, we could be home in time for "Her Story" to start on T.V. >:(. End of story. That event was back in 1980, just 2 years after I got married to her. She still wants nothing to do with hunting, but likes my rewards (jewelry).....NGE

Good story. At least you got your wife to go with you. Mine is the " see you when you get home" type. It takes a very special woman to get into this type of hobby and you and I just do not have it. LOL ( It could be a blessing)

Ray S

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Great story Nate.

I have been trying to get my wife to go on a hunt with me for 15 years. Just ain't gonna happen !!!!!

It sounds like Brittany had fun too. Keep an eye on her, she'll be sneaking off to the 'Berg before you know it... :wink:

Wow, the memories of all that silver from the iceberg is really rushing back to me.... That was simply an amazing place you guys had (have).

Brian in MA

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you are still at it Nate. Did you see the spot selected for the 2009 DFXonly hunt?

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
It's great to have an enthusiastic better half; I brought home my 1837 half dime and told the wife I had found a $200 coin. Her response? "Let me know when you find a ten thousand dollar coin." It doesn't sound like you'll ever hear that one! ;D

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
nice job on the silver finds! This hobby isn't weird! :( I live my life for this hobby! ;D :thumbsup: Its all I think about morning,day, and night! :thumbsup: Congrats on getting out and hunting! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn_SE said:
Congrats on your finds, Nate. You Dad made a nice presentation of your finds. :thumbsup:

I've never seen a pic of you before, but you resemble your Dad so much in your GF's Avatar. :o A spittin' image of a young Mirage. ;D

If you can get your GF to go out with you more than once, she's a keeper.....my GF went out detecting with me a few times, and we've been together for a while now. But the only difference is when I ask her if she wants to go out detecting now, she just says "have a good time". ;D ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks Dan, yea I actually just got my hair cut...lol it was pretty long and kinda curly for about 5 years..there were a few pics in the Iceberg thread. lol yea we'll see how a subsequent detecting trip goes...she was a trooper though...some decent snow on the ground and 40 degrees...and with a sprained ankle in a brace/boot.

notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
She said if we hurry, we could be home in time for "Her Story" to start on T.V. >:(. End of story. That event was back in 1980, just 2 years after I got married to her. She still wants nothing to do with hunting, but likes my rewards (jewelry).....NGE

lol yea. ah well...at least you can still enjoy it alone eh? Actually I like it the best sometimes when I'm alone, there's not as much you have to think about and it's peaceful.

peanut695 said:
Great story Nate.

I have been trying to get my wife to go on a hunt with me for 15 years. Just ain't gonna happen !!!!!

It sounds like Brittany had fun too. Keep an eye on her, she'll be sneaking off to the 'Berg before you know it... :wink:

Wow, the memories of all that silver from the iceberg is really rushing back to me.... That was simply an amazing place you guys had (have).

Brian in MA

She won't even give it a chance??? :-\ Well at least you kept at it yourself. lol yea we'll come back and wonder why the Berg is finally all hunted out. And yea we're still pulling stuff from it...Mirage'll post soon I imagine, but he scored silver in the OLD wheatfield just this week. If you remember, we went through digging HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of wheats in the wheatfields before turning up a silver.

Schrecky said:
Glad to see you are still at it Nate. Did you see the spot selected for the 2009 DFXonly hunt?

I just looked, looks awesome. That's more of a haul than previous years but I don't have any room to complain. :-X I really hope I get to come out...I absolutely can't wait!

Thanks for all the comments guys!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nate,
Congrats on the digs & silver. :thumbsup:
It's about time Bob posted your finds. ;D What are Dad's for. :dontknow:
Mirage sent me a picture of Dan, Brittney, and yourself out detecting. With your new doo I thought I was looking at Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, and thought to myself...."Man, they adopted one ugly kid this time." (Just kidding Dan) :tongue3: :wink:

Don't worry what Capt Dan said about you looking a lot like your Dad. We don't want you to be depressed this holiday season. :tongue3:
Hint: You may want to keep all the hair you can too if that is the case. :tard: :icon_jokercolor:

I hope you are doing well in school. I can see you are doing very well in your social life you dog. :wink:
Have a great holiday buddy.
-Doug-

Attachments

• DanNateandBrittney.jpg
    DanNateandBrittney.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 636

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread