My Last Few Hunts

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Have been getting out a little bit recently but nothing too significant found. Was at a park last weekend in Dubuque while visiting family and met up with another board member of coinhunting.net. Park was super trashy but the etrac pulled out the 1945 Merc below. Also got two wheaties. Last evening I hunted for about an hour before the storms came in at a Chicago northside park and found one 1954 wheatie and some clad. This morning I decided to spend a few hours at a different northside park. I hunted it a couple of times last year. The park is old and there should be silver but the only old coins I found there were several wheaties. Decided to hit it with the Etrac for the first time this year. The park bleeds clad. It's everywhere. I decided to try 4 locations in the park where I got wheaties last year and only dig deeper penny/dime/quarter signals that would be at least half way down on the depth guage. The results.........17 clad dimes, 4 clad quarters, 12 memorials and two 1940s wheaties. The silver continues to elude me at this location. Nothing like digging dime signal after dime signal that are 3/4 the way down on the depth guage and pulling out clad! ??? Here is a picture of the Merc from last weekend.

001.jpg

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 92

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
That's a nice Merc Patrick! Yesterday we stopped at a new section for us of a well pounded park in the city. It was so loaded with clad I couldn't concentrate on deeper signals. I think I cherry picked 7 quarters, 4 dimes a walked over 100 penny signals in 15 mins. All I kept thinking about was a nice quiet farm site. :laughing7:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yep, if you can leave them pesky mems behind, it's not too bad. But digging clad at more than 3 inches drives me off in a hurry.

Nice merc!

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY NICE MERC, WTG!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Pocket Spill said:
Nothing like digging dime signal after dime signal that are 3/4 the way down on the depth guage and pulling out clad! ???
'bout the only thing worse I can think of is 8" deep green memorials and 8" deep Pepsi cans... :( >:( :( >:(

That Merc is gorgeous!!! Congrats on the nice find, patrick!

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Nice Merc Patrick! Sounds like you've been having a fun time. I wish I could get out more...

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI HO Silver !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread