My latest DIY Project.

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, after hearing so many good things about them and being the cheap, 'er i mean Frugal person i am, i decided to build my own Millers Table. And i must say it didn't turn out too bad. A friend had a roll of rubber about 3/16" thick that i used a piece of for the table and i went and bought a piece of .062 aluminum and had it bent up 3/4" on the sides. It is 8" wide and 31" long. Right now i have the 600 GPH pump off my Blue Bowl hooked up to it but will switch it to the 400GPH pump that i have coming when it arrives. I made a couple of mounting tabs for the water bar bracket out of scraps of aluminum. Haven't tried it out yet but plan to tomorrow. The water bar has 13 1/8" holes spaced 1/2" apart and starting in 1/2" from the sides. So do any of you use these things? If so, are they as good or better than the Blue Bowl? Here's a pic i just took of it.

Attachments

• IM001648.JPG
    IM001648.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 161

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like the blue bowl a miller table works best when the particles being run are the same size. So classification is important.
Angle and flow need to be adjusted accordingly.

For instance... 20 mesh requires a steeper angle and more flow than 100 mesh. If you see any gold making it's way down table then the angle is too steep or the flow is too fast.

Once you get the feel of it you'll be sold on the speed of recovery vs a blue bowl. Use a snuffer bottle or similar to recover the gold off the table then re run the contents after you're finished running your concentrates to eliminate any black sand you snuffed up.

Do not use more than 3-4 drops of jet dry in the water, too much Jet-Dry will cause suds.

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tips GG. I will see how i like it. I have #22 ,#50, and #100 classifiers so i will give them a workout. Thanks again.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
your Miller table looks great! i have made several of them and kept just 1. but it was to big/heavy for me to bring out with me. so i cut it up into several smaller ones and gave them to some friends. my smaller table works fine.its just slightly smaller than yours.and i have the Blue Bowl also. both work great if a person would just take the time to learn how to use them and NOT get into a rush.the Miller Table is my favorite!i agree with your idea of the smaller pump.i prefer to use a smaller pump rather than a larger pump and a valve. the valve creates moer pressure and less water when you try to slow the water down.ive found that this has caused some small problems, but going to the smaller pump eliminated these problems. you did a nice job on your table!!

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I am hoping the smaller pump gets here today. I tried it once with the 600 gps pump and it does work but it is going to take some practice to get the hang of the water flow and angle. But it think once i figure that out it will be a nice addition to the Blue Bowl.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used the store bought blue bowl as well as my own DIY versions, and while I marvel at the science behind the way blue bowl works as well as it's efficiency, when it comes to running my concentrates I still prefer to use my miller table for it's simplicity and speed at separating the gold from the black sand.

GG~

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
when i was still able to dredge, i went from dredge cons to screens to Gold cube to Miller table or Blue bowl to my glass vile! hopeing i can get around enough to dredge again soon!maybe a quick trip to Indiana for a weekend dredgeing???

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when i was still able to dredge, i went from dredge cons to screens to Gold cube to Miller table or Blue bowl to my glass vile! hopeing i can get around enough to dredge again soon!maybe a quick trip to Indiana for a weekend dredgeing???

Look me up when you do, and I'll help you do any heavy lifting you need done. As for myself I make use of an electric winch to load and unload my 400 lb dredge and then attach wheels to just roll it into the creek.

GG~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions