OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thankyou, its all down to your help sweetheart, Thanks again.

Molly.

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

Yeeeey, you can post pics now.. ;D Very nice frame, the 2 points that made me look hard, Is at the top 2nd from right, and second from left top. The second point on top row to the left side .( what is that? Is the base broke?) The center piece is amazing as well as the one above it. Very nice Molly.

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are called 'Gunthers' John. My all time favourite points. They originate from Oregon, The Rogue River.Often reffered to as Rogue River points. The black one is I believe Obsidien, its base is missing (snapped base) & its thinned half way up the point, obviously for hafting. I also believe they were specifically used for fishing..
The pic doesn't do them justice, I'll post those two again. ( IF I can).
Thankyou for your kind words.

Molly. :)

Attachments

• Gunthers..jpg
    Gunthers..jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 407
  • Gunthers. Or.jpg
    Gunthers. Or.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 411
  • Gunthers..jpg
    Gunthers..jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 399
  • Gunthers. Or.jpg
    Gunthers. Or.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 403
OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spot said:
Good looking frame Molly! Glad your picture posting ability has chosen to revive itself!

Thanks for showing,
spot

Thankyou Spot, I've been having trouble posting since July, its a relief to be able to post again. Just hope it stays that way.

Molly.

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just-geese said:
YES !!!!!! :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

LOL.. Yessssssssssssssssss.. ;D Well it worked, I was able to post other pics on my Thread.

Molly. :D

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just-geese said:
Look great, that size increase helped bring out everything...Great post

Don, that's what I was aiming for, I could post small pics but, I needed them a little bigger, to show the sheer workmanship the Indians put into their works of art. Amazing works of art to say the least, I feel very privledged to own such beauties & to find, handle them, after they were dropped/lost still amazes me. I love this hobby.
Thanks again for your kind words..

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

Gunthers. Love em. Great frame, and I was drooling over the close ups.. John

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DreamcatcherNC said:
Nice frame Molly. Are you aware that those Gunthers are also known as "Molly"? How cool is that?

Hi Dreamcatcher, Thankyou for posting a comment. I also used to believe Gunthers were 'Molly' points, but they are not. The original 'Molly' points are called 'Mollala' points. After extensive research on Molly points, for obvious reasons, I realised lots of ppl are typing them incorrectly. As we can see by the pic, they have MUCH longer barbs, also slight shoulders. I must stress a beautiful point at that.
Here is a pic of a superb 'Molly'-'Mollala' point. Its just sheer coincidence that they have the same name as I do. I love these type, I mean I wonder how many examples are found with Barbs intact? I know one thing I would pay anything to actually own a 'Molly' point. I will find one before my lifes over.. ::)

Molly.

Attachments

• Mollala 350.jpg
    Mollala 350.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 375
OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinellas Man said:
Very nice frame Molly! 8) Very nice indeed! Those Gunthers I can tell took some sure enough craftsmanship to make them! :o Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
Flintfinder of Mo. said:
Gunthers. Love em. Great frame, and I was drooling over the close ups.. John

Thanks again, for your kind words guys, much appreciated.

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PALEOMAN said:
very nice molly! i think i`ll just call em mollies.

Thankyou, You can call them what you want dear. lol.

Molly.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking frame Molly. I'm glad to see you are able to puts pics on again. Now we can see some more of your great finds.

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DorkFish said:
Great looking frame Molly. I'm glad to see you are able to puts pics on again. Now we can see some more of your great finds.

Thanks Steve, I'll try to post everything I found on the same campsite. I've had a great year.

Molly.

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
Molly,

Great looking frame!! Glad to see you can post pics again :thumbsup:. There are a bunch of feilds plowed up around here , just need some good rain to help out a little. I've been digging up bottles since no rain lately. The cold weather is settin' in up here pretty fast.

Happy Huntin' ,Twig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread