My little trifecta

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out today to hit some ball fields but baseball being in full force and the fields full, I hit an old picnic areas instead. I am sure glad I did.
I dug a 1960D Rosie, a1941 Merc, and my first IHP and 2nd induction to the 1800 club.
An 1890 IHP.
When I dug the IHP, it was coated black but I could see the faint outline of the Chief on the front and just a hint of the wreath on the back but thought that was just wishful thinking.
After about 2 hours and 45 cents in CLAD later and all the pop tabs one can handle I headed home
I soaked the IHP in boiling hydrogen peroxide and cleaned with salt which really brought back some detail.
This was a very good day for me.

Upvote 8
OP
OP
neodetectorist

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466642506.157005.jpg

Sorry I forgot the picture in my excitement.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Thanks for showing the silver and IHC, neohiodetectorist. Nice to see some are still out in the heat.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats NE OH, looks like you pulled 3 sweet keepers. :occasion14: Ain't ya glad they were playing ball? :dontknow: You were meant to dig those today.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 old silvers and a copper........looks like that picnic area has some history!! It may be worth taking another look. Congrats on those keepers.
Salt only on the IHP? I may have to give that a try.........usually I use white vinegar, baking soda and salt as a paste after the 3% H2O2..........

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice finds

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first IHP, and Sweet Silver! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread