My local park finally gives up something good!

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been a long winter, went over 90 days without digging a hole, nice to get out again! Its been raining all night and I thought I would go give our local park
another try, I must have hit it a dozen or more times last year and the oldest coin I found was a 1936 wheaty.

Today I went and hit the south side of the park, its real hilly and hard to walk, but I thought it might give up at least a wheat so why not?

I was going for about 45 mins and kept digging up steel bottle caps, kept giving a solid 13 on my Equinox, so I kept thinking I may pop a nickel at least,
so when a nickel finally popped out I was very surprised to see a 1912 V nickel!

Wasn`t expecting anything that old, so that was nice, kept going and was digging up clad here and there, and then dug a clad quarter, was a solid 29, so ten feet later I got another 29 and thought I had another one, I was wrong, when I dug the plug I saw a silver rim poking out,thought I had another Washington
but was very surprised to see a different looking eagle on the back, when I flipped it over and sprayed some water on it I was very excited to see I had a
Standing Liberty quarter!!!!!

Wow! what a find, my first one ever!! made my day, so kept on going and a few minutes later I got another solid 13 and was pretty sure I had another
nickel, figured I had another Jefferson like always, I was wrong again, I JUST FOUND MY FIRST BUFFALO!!!!!!!

I must have dug close to 300 nickels, with 4 being V nickels before my first Buffalo, wow what a day! 20190407_021206.jpg

Strange tho, I never found a single wheat penny all day.:icon_scratch: 20190407_021222.jpg 20190407_025044.jpg 20190407_025109.jpg

Upvote 34

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep. Been a brutal winter. I'm working locally for a change, so I've been making up for lost time. Most of the parks around my house have been absolutely hammered. I don't tend to make many good finds either. :laughing7: Oh well. Persistence pays off in the end. Nicely done!

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you finally got out and what a great way to start the year off, Congrats!!! "D"

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's the way to come out of hibernation!!
Awesome! I love when a place you have hunted a ton finally coughs up the goods.
:occasion14:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice diggin'...Wtg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice coin shooting! :occasion14:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man you literally hit it out the park!!! I had the same feelings thanks for bringing me back to them. I remember my first SLQ was the same as yours at a park and I saw that eagle first I knew I had something special. Thank was a great day. Congratulations on all your beautiful bucket listers.

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an awesome hunt! Congratulations!

OP
OP
DirtDigginDan

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man you literally hit it out the park!!! I had the same feelings thanks for bringing me back to them. I remember my first SLQ was the same as yours at a park and I saw that eagle first I knew I had something special. Thank was a great day. Congratulations on all your beautiful bucket listers.

Yeah, it was pretty cool! I actually got more excited over finding the Buffalo, been looking for one for a loooooong time.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great way to start the year!! Congratulations :icon_thumleft:

Ed (Upstate NY)

Aug 19, 2007
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice SLQ. The same year both my parents were born !

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome coins! Congrats!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Two firsts on the same day, awesome city for sure. congrats

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Standing Liberty, and your first Buffalo. How appropriate, since your from Buffalo, MN. !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread