My local park finally gives up something good!

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been a long winter, went over 90 days without digging a hole, nice to get out again! Its been raining all night and I thought I would go give our local park
another try, I must have hit it a dozen or more times last year and the oldest coin I found was a 1936 wheaty.

Today I went and hit the south side of the park, its real hilly and hard to walk, but I thought it might give up at least a wheat so why not?

I was going for about 45 mins and kept digging up steel bottle caps, kept giving a solid 13 on my Equinox, so I kept thinking I may pop a nickel at least,
so when a nickel finally popped out I was very surprised to see a 1912 V nickel!

Wasn`t expecting anything that old, so that was nice, kept going and was digging up clad here and there, and then dug a clad quarter, was a solid 29, so ten feet later I got another 29 and thought I had another one, I was wrong, when I dug the plug I saw a silver rim poking out,thought I had another Washington
but was very surprised to see a different looking eagle on the back, when I flipped it over and sprayed some water on it I was very excited to see I had a
Standing Liberty quarter!!!!!

Wow! what a find, my first one ever!! made my day, so kept on going and a few minutes later I got another solid 13 and was pretty sure I had another
nickel, figured I had another Jefferson like always, I was wrong again, I JUST FOUND MY FIRST BUFFALO!!!!!!!

I must have dug close to 300 nickels, with 4 being V nickels before my first Buffalo, wow what a day! 20190407_021206.jpg

Strange tho, I never found a single wheat penny all day.:icon_scratch: 20190407_021222.jpg 20190407_025044.jpg 20190407_025109.jpg

Upvote 34

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll tell ya most of my coin spills and oldest coins I find on hills gotta think of if you walked a park a 100 times the odds of dropping coins out of your pocket are kinda rare but hills people fall kids play sit on the hill for the view trust me on this Well done hope you find many more plus that 800 is deeeeep

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread