My machine can find a dime at 14 inches, can yours?

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if yer gonna dig whispers...do it safely
images.jpg

get REALLY good head phones
download.jpg

and a great digger
images (1).jpg

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Mississippi and during most of the year when it's dry. The soil here can become like concrete. I really don't feel like even digging 7 inches, so those that say they can go and find a dime at 14, I say come try that here. By the way I have an F75 ltd.

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
In the early to mid 1990's , detectorists were talking about the deepest seeking detectors . They wanted something that would detect over 10-12" , & we are still wanting the same thing 20 years later ! Fisher CZ's were the rage then, && probably still are one of the deepest , today.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When I test new machines for Kellyco, I'm not really concerned about depth of one machine compared to another since there are far too many external variables that go into determining "how deep" any machine can detect a target i.e. soil composition, target size and metallic composition, orientation of the target in the ground, coil size and frequency of the machine as a few examples. A detector that can find a target at 12 inches under one set of conditions may not be able to see that same target at 6 inches under a different set of conditions. Therefore to report that a detector can find targets at a given depth is very misleading.

I'm more concerned with and impressed by durability, reliability, good functional controls, ease of use, sensitivity and separation. Sensitivity being the ability to detect those smaller targets and separation being the detectors ability to separate and pick up targets among junk. Both of which are partially determined by the coil and the machines recovery speed as well as the processor's software design.

Others may have different criteria by which they judge any given detector but as I always say, this is just the view from my foxhole.

Soldier on...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions