My Metal Detecting Dog

They do use dogs to sniff truffles out of the ground!

Home

Maybe Garrett would be interested in studying your dog. Their new model could be the Ace Lassie!

By the way, Nice Toes! :)

Upon closer examination of the Picture, I think what looks to be a bayonet is actually 2 pieces. #1 The spring & #2 an L shape, maybe a nail? Together they do look a lot like a bayonet.

I would be getting some samples of gold & silver for him to smell for sure!! Take him to the gold fields of Australia or Arizona or Alaska!!!

Nice dogs, I have Blue my pit bull and my son has Moose a American bulldog. They dig and I can sometimes get Blue to dig my target for me, but right now he is on a mole kick. Frank...

Blue 1212.jpgYou talking about me!

I keep looking at the thing I think is a bayonet and am wondering if it really is.Sometimes they were put into service as pot hangers over a campfire or even used as body hooks. Here's an example of an Austrian Lorenze bayonet that my husband thinks it looks like.You should put it in the electrolysis bath and maybe more detail will come out.if it has a hole in the top then it could attach to the locking ring but if there is no hole hole in the side then it could be some sort of farm implement or even a candle holder.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry everybody , it's just how I threw tbe stuff on the rock ! Now I know what everybody meant by the bayonet! It's a bent nail thing resting on a spring. I couldn't figure out how everybody was seeing a bayonet, now I get it:)

I saw a possible bayonet as well until I clicked on the picture and after seeing it enlarged one can clearly see it a "nail thing" on top of what appears to be a spring.

They do use dogs to sniff truffles out of the ground!

Home

Maybe Garrett would be interested in studying your dog. Their new model could be the Ace Lassie!

By the way, Nice Toes! :)

I never in a million years woulda seen my foot in that pic if you didnt point it out! Lol. Wondered why you didn't say paw instead of toes!

They won't want to study my guy... Like me, he only likes to hunt in his own yard.. Lol. He was abused and is terrified of everything that isn't in the house or yard... Can't even wAlk him.. He huddles in a ball and shakes :(

They won't want to study my guy... Like me, he only likes to hunt in his own yard.. Lol. He was abused and is terrified of everything that isn't in the house or yard... Can't even wAlk him.. He huddles in a ball and shakes :(

That's sad! Good on you for taking him in and treating him right!

It's what I do ;)

Jimmi, have you successfully done electrolysis yet?

yeah those were hairy toes Dram

The electrolysis question came at a bad time.. Lol. Not hair Electrolysis Jeff, the relic sort .
Diesel Ram.. Not yet.. I need to get an old one with no automatic anything .. Plain old one

The electrolysis question came at a bad time.. Lol. Not hair Electrolysis Jeff, the relic sort .
Diesel Ram.. Not yet.. I need to get an old one with no automatic anything .. Plain old one

I just got a new one off Amazon for $23.00 or so and free shipping. Works a lot better than my old automatic one (had to run on 50 amps to work).

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

:BangHead:
when it comes to the garrett ace 350 i believe your dog might be able to out hunt you now you need to find some silver and gold to get his sniffer in line
Dusty, Dusty I have never seen anyone so un-happy with a product. Just get rid of it and start coin roll hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back