My Metal Detecting Dog

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They do use dogs to sniff truffles out of the ground!

Home

Maybe Garrett would be interested in studying your dog. Their new model could be the Ace Lassie!

By the way, Nice Toes! :)

Lownslow

Dec 22, 2008
Hot Springs, Ar
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold, Minelab Explorer XS/Sunray Pin Pointer, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher Gemini III Two Box, Leche digging tool, Samson ball handel shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upon closer examination of the Picture, I think what looks to be a bayonet is actually 2 pieces. #1 The spring & #2 an L shape, maybe a nail? Together they do look a lot like a bayonet.

Lownslow

Dec 22, 2008
Hot Springs, Ar
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold, Minelab Explorer XS/Sunray Pin Pointer, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher Gemini III Two Box, Leche digging tool, Samson ball handel shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be getting some samples of gold & silver for him to smell for sure!! Take him to the gold fields of Australia or Arizona or Alaska!!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Nice dogs, I have Blue my pit bull and my son has Moose a American bulldog. They dig and I can sometimes get Blue to dig my target for me, but right now he is on a mole kick. Frank...

Blue 1212.jpg You talking about me!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I keep looking at the thing I think is a bayonet and am wondering if it really is.Sometimes they were put into service as pot hangers over a campfire or even used as body hooks. Here's an example of an Austrian Lorenze bayonet that my husband thinks it looks like.You should put it in the electrolysis bath and maybe more detail will come out.if it has a hole in the top then it could attach to the locking ring but if there is no hole hole in the side then it could be some sort of farm implement or even a candle holder.
image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jimmi

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry everybody , it's just how I threw tbe stuff on the rock ! Now I know what everybody meant by the bayonet! It's a bent nail thing resting on a spring. I couldn't figure out how everybody was seeing a bayonet, now I get it:)

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a possible bayonet as well until I clicked on the picture and after seeing it enlarged one can clearly see it a "nail thing" on top of what appears to be a spring.

OP
OP
Jimmi

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do use dogs to sniff truffles out of the ground!

Home

Maybe Garrett would be interested in studying your dog. Their new model could be the Ace Lassie!

By the way, Nice Toes! :)

I never in a million years woulda seen my foot in that pic if you didnt point it out! Lol. Wondered why you didn't say paw instead of toes!

OP
OP
Jimmi

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They won't want to study my guy... Like me, he only likes to hunt in his own yard.. Lol. He was abused and is terrified of everything that isn't in the house or yard... Can't even wAlk him.. He huddles in a ball and shakes :(

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They won't want to study my guy... Like me, he only likes to hunt in his own yard.. Lol. He was abused and is terrified of everything that isn't in the house or yard... Can't even wAlk him.. He huddles in a ball and shakes :(

That's sad! Good on you for taking him in and treating him right!

OP
OP
Jimmi

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's what I do ;)

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Jimmi, have you successfully done electrolysis yet?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah those were hairy toes Dram

OP
OP
Jimmi

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The electrolysis question came at a bad time.. Lol. Not hair Electrolysis Jeff, the relic sort .
Diesel Ram.. Not yet.. I need to get an old one with no automatic anything .. Plain old one

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The electrolysis question came at a bad time.. Lol. Not hair Electrolysis Jeff, the relic sort .
Diesel Ram.. Not yet.. I need to get an old one with no automatic anything .. Plain old one

I just got a new one off Amazon for $23.00 or so and free shipping. Works a lot better than my old automatic one (had to run on 50 amps to work).

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:BangHead:
when it comes to the garrett ace 350 i believe your dog might be able to out hunt you now you need to find some silver and gold to get his sniffer in line
Dusty, Dusty I have never seen anyone so un-happy with a product. Just get rid of it and start coin roll hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread