My MOM the want-a-b THer

aladdin

Mar 1, 2007
My MOM the want-a-b TH'er

A little history here about my mother/ she taught me that the "Treasure in life" was in the small things! Little did she know this would involve metal detecting! She shared in all my little metal detector finds small and great with a history and story about each and how it applied to her life when she was younger and how she wanted to go detecting with me . Jewerlry/ coin /relic & whatever I found each held a great story from her. I got her a detector as she wanted to go and share the excitment and joy of the our great hobby. But to my great saddness she passed away 2-21-09 (78 yo) far to soon for the our little hunts to begin! Thankfully her dream of the "find" will continue each time I turn on my detector! I can only imagine what she is finding up there! Dig-on MOM!!!!!! Thx's for listening !!!! diggstown

Upvote 0

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Re: My MOM the want-a-b TH'er

Diggs, So sad to hear of her passing. She wasn't a wana b though. Even though she didn't swing a detector, she sounds like she was a treasure hunter at heart. Now she will be with you on all your hunts and maybe she will guide you to some great finds.

Take care and good luck!

OP
OP
A

aladdin

Mar 1, 2007

Thank you ! My hunts will as always will b spec ! but more so now! diggstown!

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.  The treasure is the memory you will have of her listening to your  hunting stories.  I can imagine it filled her with joy listening to how you found an item and showing her what you dug up.  So many parents go through life never listening to their children or pay attention to their adventures.  It sounds like she was one of the good ones. 

But yes your mother is correct that it is the small things in life that are treasure....those simple family get togethers for the holidays, that birthday that one gets a home made cake, those get togethers with the family that one looked at it at the time as boring, those after dinner visits, those simple "hi how are you?" conversations, good honest friends, etc.........

HH

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT

I am so sorry for your loss!!! I am sure that you mom will be with you where ever you go. And she will live on because every time you find something now, you will think of her and what story she would tell you about what you found.

Those are awesome memories that she gave you. That is the real treasure that is priceless!!!!

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

God Bless you and yours. Sounds like shes the best treasure you will aways have in your heart!

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21

Sorry to hear of your loss. It is sad when someone loses a person or parent close to them. She will be with you always in your memories.......jim

OP
OP
A

aladdin

Mar 1, 2007

Thx's to all that responded and those who took the time to view this little memorial to my mom! The detector she got from me will go to my nephew so he can detect with his dad ! The legacy of mom lives!! diggstown

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

sorry to hear of your loss. just remember, everything you find, is still being shared with her.

Sniffer

OP
OP
A

aladdin

Mar 1, 2007

Again thx's / to each of u /my MOM will dig on. Again thx's! diggstowns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions