My Most Unusual Find Ever

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy paleojoe and I hit a spot for a little while today after he got off work and Joe found a broken Knife and I found a damaged Jacks Reef Pentagonal, a few Flake Knives, and a crudely made Blade. Joe had to leave around 4:30 so I decided to go to the river and hunt the bank.

That's where I found the most unusual thing I have ever found in my 45 years of hunting. :o

You can prepare yourself all your life and you still aren't ready when you walk up on something like this. I have never found anything like this and I have a feeling I will never find another one. It has great coloring and two holes in it, one at the top and another towards the middle. I'm sure both were reamed out quite well over the use of this item. There is a nice black band across the middle section and one of the holes is right in the center of the black band. I got a really nice in situ picture before I exposed it completely in all it's glory. I am sure this piece was someones prized possession at one time and they were probably very sad they lost it.

I didn't get any in situ's of the finds we made at the field we hunted since the pieces we found were just little flakes of flint exposed and we didn't realize they were artifacts until we exposed them. The first few picture are of the pieces we found at the field and the last three are the unusual item.

Attachments

• New001.jpg
    New001.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 1,314
  • New003.jpg
    New003.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 1,295
  • New004.jpg
    New004.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 1,286
  • New005.jpg
    New005.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 1,294
  • New006.jpg
    New006.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 1,273
  • New007.jpg
    New007.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 1,252
  • New008.jpg
    New008.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 1,247
Upvote 0

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Oh...That's where she went, I know she gets around but I had no idea she'd turn up in some field in Ohio.

::Slowly backs out of thread::

OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thirty7 said:
Oh...That's where she went, I know she gets around but I had no idea she'd turn up in some field in Ohio.

::Slowly backs out of thread::

She was actually on the river bank so someone must have taken her boating and she fell overboard. ;D

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That what happens when you fill them with Helium and chase them around the room with the window open. They fly the coop and land in your fields :icon_scratch:

Haha so responding to your PM tire patch might work? Good luck with that !!!
Too funny. Was it hard to hump out of the field?? :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
Happy umm huntin

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
you mean you got it out from under all those branches and roots and got it ready for the pic with your stick?

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

I think I'll laugh about this one all day. You got me good. God thats funny stuff..... BANNER< BANNER
John

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
We are going to have to retire the 'strangest relic' catagory, you've won it forever. A couple of days earlier and we might not have believed the circumstances.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Looks like some pretty tough material to work with.

The poor guy who lost that gem must really be hurting.

Joel

dblski

Mar 18, 2009
The indians in your area were way more advanced than the native americans in my area. At least now you have a new hunting buddy.
Jake

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
lmao, man......... i was reading the story before i saw the pictures, i was expecting to see some wicked bannerstone. when i scrolled the pics i was thinking geeze he is hunting a really trashy spot, then i see it unraveled. lol too funny, now thats a piece that should be left in the field! ;D
i agree banner!!!!!!!! :hello2:

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
about 25 yrs ago I was fishing for walleyes on the missouri river
I noticed something strange on shore by the waters edgs
as I got a little closer I thought it was a naked body that had drowned and washed on shore or maybe it was the victim of a crime
I was just getting ready to call the sheriff on the cell phone
when I got a little closer I could see it was one of those dolls
by the time I realized it my heart was pounding and I was shook up pretty bad because this one still had air in it and
it looked pretty scary and real from a couple hundred feet away
I had to leave the area and go catch about 5 more walleyes before I finally settled down
true story

BTW Mr. SRV, you sure had me excited on this one,
I thought I was going to be viewing a BANNER find
Larson1951

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread