My Most Unusual Find Ever

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy paleojoe and I hit a spot for a little while today after he got off work and Joe found a broken Knife and I found a damaged Jacks Reef Pentagonal, a few Flake Knives, and a crudely made Blade. Joe had to leave around 4:30 so I decided to go to the river and hunt the bank.

That's where I found the most unusual thing I have ever found in my 45 years of hunting. :o

You can prepare yourself all your life and you still aren't ready when you walk up on something like this. I have never found anything like this and I have a feeling I will never find another one. It has great coloring and two holes in it, one at the top and another towards the middle. I'm sure both were reamed out quite well over the use of this item. There is a nice black band across the middle section and one of the holes is right in the center of the black band. I got a really nice in situ picture before I exposed it completely in all it's glory. I am sure this piece was someones prized possession at one time and they were probably very sad they lost it.

I didn't get any in situ's of the finds we made at the field we hunted since the pieces we found were just little flakes of flint exposed and we didn't realize they were artifacts until we exposed them. The first few picture are of the pieces we found at the field and the last three are the unusual item.

Attachments

• New001.jpg
    New001.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 1,314
  • New003.jpg
    New003.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 1,295
  • New004.jpg
    New004.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 1,286
  • New005.jpg
    New005.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 1,294
  • New006.jpg
    New006.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 1,273
  • New007.jpg
    New007.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 1,252
  • New008.jpg
    New008.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 1,247
Upvote 0

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I heard about that case.... Seems that her guy had just broken up with her, and she was so distraught that she jumped off the bridge and into the river... The water must have been very cold to have frozen her mouth in that fashion.... :laughing7:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that an Adena Blowup Kachina?

Best-Mike

moundbuilder

Dec 19, 2007
Mercersburg, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE White's XL Pro Treasure Mate Pinpointer Nikon
What a doll, she's absolutely gorgeous... PM me if you would like to sell or trade. Will pay top dollar. :glasses11:

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She seems a bit Deflated. poor thing. Like she got the short end of the stick. I bet she finds this thread a bit hard to swallow.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could try to salvage her but be careful. One little prick and she's a goner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions