My Movie

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
How does the viewer know that you did not place the targets under the eggs?
I said some one else placed them there. Beside if I had would the examiner react to the gold any differently?
How does the viewer know that it was not ideomotor response that moved the Examiner, sure looked like it from where I'm standing?
If you had saw my hands move you would have been yelling that loudly. My hands did nothing when it swung to the gold.. You can clearly see my hands being pulled toward the silver before the unit swung. Using my negative hand certainly reduce the power of the swings.
Also, keep in mind that "we" know you are the same guy that put a Photoshopped picture up here and also impersonated an Amateur Radio License Holder. Why should we believe the video is not rigged?
You guys keep bring that up. You have proved that as much as you have that your theories are right. …Art
Did I call it, or did I call it??

Art, there are so many things wrong here that it's hard to think of exactly where to start.

First, it does, in fact, matter who placed the targets under the eggs. What you're trying to prove here is that Ideomotor plays no part in using an LRL. Since we didn't see who hid the targets, nor if you were truly absent when the targets were hidden, who's to say that you didn't know exactly what target was under which egg and "helped" the LRL point that direction?

Second, since there was a target under each egg, no matter where your LRL pointed you would have "found" something. All you would have to do is change your written description, as in "I found a penny and a nickel!"

Third, since you were out of frame, no one could see you "program" the calculator from gold to silver, and we didn't see you "program" it to gold in the first place, so who's to say you made any change to it at all? For all we know, you "found" the ring and the coin without even turning the calculator on!

Fourth, we all know that most automakers use various amounts gold in certain electrical components when building a vehicle, and I see four of them sitting right behind the eggs.

Fifth, you never showed us what was under the other eggs. You might as well have placed a gold ring and a silver coin under each of the 4 eggs, and we would never know about it.

Sixth, even assuming you had no idea which target was under each egg, you still had a 1 in 4 change of guessing the correct egg on the first try, and a 1 in 3 chance of guessing the second egg correctly. Also, since you didn't include the required elements in the video, you might have very well recorded this 3 or 4 times and have only showed us the final version.

Do you see now why Dave was so specific in his request? Several people have named several things that are very wrong with this video, but no matter how often you hear them, you'll never even try to understand why this isn't proof of anything.

The most important part of the video request? Find an unknown target. You didn't even try, did you....?

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tubedec A9000, Mineoro FG90, OKM Bionic X4
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Art... Ouch... Hope your RT is fine and there's nothing loose inside after that drop. It was loud...

I use the antenna slighly shorter than the way you do and interestingly enough, even with your left arm shortcircuiting your right one, you get a real nice pull.
I know this video is very straight and common for RT users like ourselves but may look enigmatic to newbies and of course, false to skeptics (what a shocker...)
Maybe you could shoot one video featuring someone actually placing the samples under the easter eggs behind you while you remain looking at the other direction. When he's done, he tells you, you turn around, announce which sample you will be detecting and go for it one by one. What do you think?

By the way, is that your jeep? If it is, congratulations, reaaly nice. :icon_thumright:

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
hung said:
Hey Art... Ouch... Hope your RT is fine and there's nothing loose inside after that drop. It was loud...

I use the antenna slighly shorter than the way you do and interestingly enough, even with your left arm shortcircuiting your right one, you get a real nice pull.
I know this video is very straight and common for RT users like ourselves but may look enigmatic to newbies and of course, false to skeptics (what a shocker...)
Maybe you could shoot one video featuring someone actually placing the samples under the easter eggs behind you while you remain looking at the other direction. When he's done, he tells you, you turn around, announce which sample you will be detecting and go for it one by one. What do you think?

By the way, is that your jeep? If it is, congratulations, reaaly nice. :icon_thumright:
Well, Hung, if you'd bother to read the requests made of Art, he's already been asked to show the person hiding the targets as well as Art finding them, all on the same uninterrupted video.

Tell me, is it a dowser/LRLer trait to not read posts that you don't agree with??

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art, if I understand correctly, there was a target under every egg... and you managed to find a target under an egg in 2 out of 2 tries. Should I be impressed?

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey hung….To get it on you tube it has to be real short. I learned a lot today. That unit has had a lot of chances to destroy itself but so far it as kept ticking. I have some ideas for other videos that I don’t know if they will work but I will work on them.
The Jeep….I had a 98 Chevy pick up and the engine let go last May. I look for cars for about a month. I found that one and I bought it. The only car that I have ever enjoyed driving was a 88 Jeep. It needed a little work but my son owns an auto repair business. I am sure he will get tired of seeing it before we get it into shape….Art

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tubedec A9000, Mineoro FG90, OKM Bionic X4
Primary Interest:
Other
aarthrj3811 said:
Hey hung….To get it on you tube it has to be real short. I learned a lot today.

You can shoot much longer videos actually. Youtube will internally compress it for you so it fits their format. If it by chance it's longer than allowed, they will tell you so.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
You can shoot much longer videos actually. Youtube will internally compress it for you so it fits their format. If it by chance it's longer than allowed, they will tell you so.

That's what they kept doing....Art

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
What can I say??? OK, it WAS a video I'll grant you that. Just wasn't quite what I had in mind. BTW, I have a 60gig hard drive video cam. It will hold 54 HOURS of video. Of course I may need to recharge the battery a couple of times.

But thanks for the 49 seconds of video. And the 4 objects under 4 easter egg halves. I bet the Easter Bunny is impressed, but I'm not. However, thanks for the effort and I hope your lady is feeling better.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
hung said:
aarthrj3811 said:
Hey hung….To get it on you tube it has to be real short. I learned a lot today.

Hung, you finally posted something that is accurate and makes sense. :thumbsup:

Art, just as an example, here is a 1 1/2 HOUR video on youtube ...

It's actually an interesting movie to watch.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thanks for all the good advice for making a video. I am glad that you enjoyed it…Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gee Dave…I am sorry that it is not longer. Despite what some of you complaining about the fact that they would not let me put much more on was the determining factor. Did it not show that the examiner turned on it’s own. Not twitching of the wrist and hands. You guy’s were complaining before I put it on here. I knew for a fact that nothing will satisfy them,….I have an idea for another one.
It snowed the day before and it is raining right now so as soon as the temperature drops a few more degrees it will be snowing again..Art

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
aarthrj3811 said:
Gee Dave…I am sorry that it is not longer. Despite what some of you complaining about the fact that they would not let me put much more on was the determining factor.

Art, I easily showed that youtube videos can be quite long. Certainly longer than 49 seconds.

But don't take my word for it. Go to youtube, and look at various video lengths. The times are in the bottom right area of the video.
The one above is ONE HOUR AND 30 MINUTES long.

Why do you keep insisting that youtube only lets you put up short video. Heck, even hung corrected you on that, and he's a fellow fantasizer LRL user.

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
(G&T-C) = gullible and technically-challenged
aarthrj3811 said:
Did it not show that the examiner turned on it’s own.

What I, and several others saw, was a classic example of the familiar ideomotor effect in operation. Thanks for showing that it proved what we've been saying to you in these hundreds of postings; that you ignore. :)

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Why do you keep insisting that youtube only lets you put up short video. Heck, even hung corrected you on that, and he's a fellow fantasizer LRL user.

Could be that I don’t have full membership benefits?

Quite the opposite. It did show you twitching your wrist and hands, even though you held the gimmick with two hands.
What I, and several others saw, was a classic example of the familiar ideomotor effect in operation.
Thanks for showing that it proved what we've been saying to you in these hundreds of postings; that you ignore.

Someday you may wake up from your fariytale dreams and then you will have to start learn about the real world.
We are told that every thing about this equipment relies on the Ideomotor Response as defined in 1882. I have been reading a lot of papers about the modern day theories about Ideomotor Response. No, none of them mention the use of LRL’s but who but the skeptics would expect them to. I have a couple of web sites and a teaser to get you interested that tells about the current theories on the Ideomotor Response. There are 100,000 web sites that discuss the current theories but I have only put two of them on here. ….Art

http://quinten.wordpress.com/2009/07/26/musclemonitoring-ideomotor-effect-nervous-system/

http://www.springerlink.com/content/fdyjfrehdwb10hvk/

Abstract The ideo-motor theory, which is currently receiving heightened interest in cognitive psychology, looks back on a long history. Essentially two historical roots can be presented. A British one, initiated by Laycock (1845) and Carpenter (1852), which was developed in order to explain ideo-motor phenomena by means of cerebral reflex actions. A second and older root is the German one by Herbart (1816, 1825), Lotze (1852), and Harless (1861), which considered the ideo-motor principle a fundamental mechanism of all intentional human behaviour. Both roots converged in James (1890) Principles of Psychology before they fell into oblivion due to the dominance of behaviorism in the first half of the 20th century. The few empirical ideo-motor studies of the early 20th century are briefly described. Finally, similarities and differences in the history of the ideo-motor theory are delineated and a perspective is given covering research questions that could be examined in the future.

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
SWR said:
Art...why not make a one-minute video of you stepping on a silver coin and your rods crossing, whilst they are in your rod holding gizmo?

Yeah, Art. That video should be short enough to get on YouTube, and would be a really great thing for you to do. ;D

Why not?

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Yeah, Art. That video should be short enough to get on YouTube, and would be a really great thing for you to do.

Why not?
First I want to see a metal detector person make the same movie. I want to know if they will find the right coins under the right egg half. No guessing what is under the egg just the machine working properly….Art

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
aarthrj3811 said:
First I want to see a metal detector person make the same movie. I want to know if they will find the right coins under the right egg half. No guessing what is under the egg just the machine working properly….Art

Don't understand your statement above.

"You want to see a movie made by a person operating a metal detector, who steps on a coin with their heel and then locates the coin?"

That is a rather silly request. Chances are, even you can see the silliness in that video.

SWR didn't request you to do anything in the way of guessing what kind of coin was under a certain "egg half".

SWR (and myself) requested that you merely... "make a one-minute video of you stepping on a silver coin and your rods crossing, whilst they are in your rod holding gizmo"

Notice there are no egg halves involved, no guessing involved; just "you stepping on a silver coin and your rods crossing, whilst they (the rods) are in your rod holding gizmo".

Do you understand the request? If not, what don't you understand about it?

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Coming Soon …A video showing that the Ranger Tell will pick up the signal from a Si-Go. Also showing that it will only move when I am North, South. East or West of the targets…I want you to note that the Si-Go gives you a straight line to the target which involves less walking. Most people sweep when using the Examiner. Also note that I use the cardinal directions when using the examiner. That is my personnel methods and fits into my methods of Dowsing…Art

Attachments

• 100_0010.jpg
    100_0010.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 808

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread