My neighbor died today----

uthunter

Sep 7, 2010
Cache County, Utah
My condolences.

I lived on a farm in Idaho when I was just a kid, several neighbors I know were killed when the sprinkler pipes made contact with the power lines as they were draining them. They would stand the 4" x 40' pipes on end, the power lines were maybe thirty ft at most. Several crop dusters were killed when they misjudged the gap, between the ground and power lines, and flew into the power lines. One was on our farm, he was spraying for aphids.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Farming is dangerous.

Each year, roughly 120,000 farm workers are injured, with up to 1,300 of the injuries being fatal. In most cases, these injuries could have been prevented.
- The most common accidents involve the rollover of heavy equipment such as tractors.

I'm saddened for you neighbors loss. We work with farmers every day.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
m bryan said:
Sorry to hear that. Best wishes and prayers to his family.
dittoo

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a sad and tragic accident * -- but it just shows how "NOT" in control of things we actually are , and how suddenly we can be gone in the blink of a eye,--so be sure to kiss your wife and or husband when you leave for work each day and tell them you love them --your kids too -- since you never know for sure if its last time you will see them on this planet.

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
a sad and tragic accident * -- but it just shows how "NOT" in control of things we actually are , and how suddenly we can be gone in the blink of a eye,--so be sure to kiss your wife and or husband when you leave for work each day and tell them you love them --your kids too -- since you never know for sure if its last time you will see them on this planet.

great post Ivan

so true, we are not in control!
and yes we should make love and family a priority cause no one ever knows what today's outcome will be!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread