ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
--my new ace 250 -- 1/2 hr "test drive" at the local tot lot -- results

took my new ace 250 to a local tot lot -- to coin hunt a bit ---- first find near a picnic table rang up 5 cents 4 deep (darn junk pencil eraser tip )--- next a 25 cent reading at 6 inches --- (darn junk a squashed 60's era beer can - the type with the old pull ring tabs)-- then off to the #1 swing set bingo 1st money* 4 inch deep quarter (clad) 1995 --- then one swing over bingo 4 in deep* modern zinc cent --- off to swing set #2 hit another 6 inch 25 cent signal (darn another 60's era pull ring type beer can) --- finally hit the last zinc cent at 2 inches -- total 27 cents with a 50% trash to treasure ratio (3 out of 6 dug) --- the best part today was the kids at the park -- a nice 5 year old tot walking with his folks on the nearby side walk "what you doing?" finding a quarter that my machine says is down here says I --(with a very serious look on his face) he says -- be careful-- there maybe a mole down there holding on to it and he might bite you if you try to take his quarter -- I told him that I would "bop" the mole on the head with my digger if he tried to bite me and tell him "no biting" --( its good thing he couldn't see his folks cause the dad was about to fallout from trying to keep from laughing and mom was grinning like a possum in a plum tree full of plums.)
after he left a few min later a 12 year old "know it all type " came over agian "what you doing?" me "finding the quarter my metal detector says is here" ---he "oh you can't find because quarters are made of copper not metal" -- --to which I said --huh? what are you talking about? --- copper is a type of metal ---its conductive thats why they make copper wire from it ,to carry electric power with --- the electric feild put out by machine detects conductive metals--the machine is called a metal detector -- so yes copper is indeed a metal --- he stands there for a couple min --the realizes that he just made a total fool of hisself and saying nothing esle simply wanders away --- copper isn't a metal, lord what are they teaching kids these days in school?

coin id when it did not false read the item in the first place --- was correct 100% the 25 cent was 25 cent and the cents were cents --- think with a bit of time spent with it to honestly learn it , I could easily grow to really like this light in weight machine

Upvote 0

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: --my new ace 250 -- 1/2 hr "test drive" at the local tot lot -- results

Ace 250 is a good machine. I had one before I moved on to DFX.
I sold it to a friend and she loves it .

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

If I had a she friend that loved the Ace 250 I think I'd give mine to her

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ivan, you will love the weight...can detect all day without getting tired....If you get a dime signal or quarter and it shows more than 4 inches or so..lift it up a bit above the ground in pinpoint and if you still get a lot of signal, you can pretty well bet it will be a can. Have fun.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

one of the main things I really like is it light weight --- it will make it easy to keep going when -- the heavier machines would have wore you out and headed home --- nothing like putting in the hours on a spot to increase your chances of a good find provided your in the right place to start with that is. --- id like I said was right on --if it didn't fasle read the item to begin with --- (even the high dollar machine do that sometimes) --- both of the bud beer cans were the 1960's era old style pull ring types --- "beavertails" as their know to pull tab collectors---- the toughest type of pull tabs to sort out

--- phelm bah --- ya rough bunch there -- but I think I can take both the 5 and 12 year old at the same time ( just like the "biting mole" bop them on the head with the digger ;D -- I'll show them who's park it is ;D --- who's way more than old nuff to be yer daddy and nearly old enuff to be your grandaddy ? ;) -- dang whippersnappers Ivan

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I SERIOUSLY hate digging those deep aluminum cans too...just wait til you're down 16 inches and see the Bud logo staring back at you from the bottom of the hole. Rasing the coil does work to avoid large deep junk...but I just gotta go dig that crater anyways...rarely, occasionaly, every once in a blue moon it's something else entirely. I've gotten some amazing large Art Deco brass pieces this way and plenty of scrap copper I later recycle at the sweet prices scrap has been bringing lately.

If you plan on doing tot lots, might be a good idea to pull those cans now...tot lot is a renewable resource for gold, silver and clad...you can hit it over and over. Then next time you go, you don't have to worry about tricks to avoid deep cans and get more ground to swing...those cans could be masking something else.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

by the way since its a closeby lot that I visit every couple months -- yes I removed the problem by cleaning out the junk --that way its not there next time --- one less to deal with- Ivan

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Love the story, Ivan! :D Sounds like a productive day! ;)

Congrats on your finds! Nana :)

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

taking the new 250 to the road tomorrow --- hummm

jimmatt_43

Feb 2, 2007

Got my ace 250 in May,tons of fun

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes

Congrats on the new machine! I've always heard the Ace 250 is a great machine and I figure it will be my next upgrade!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Lonnie

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Great story Good luck with the new machine.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions