My new hobby is the Afternoon Nap.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have insomnia pretty bad so about any time I alight in my recliner I am liable to take an unplanned nap. Sometimes my wife wakes me up and sometimes I sleep a couple of hours. My get up and go has got up and gone I suppose. With the last several rainy days in a row I have been getting some pretty good sack time in the recliner. Time to get up and get out....as soon as it drys out a bit. Hard to dig in mud. Monty

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
A buddy of mine fell a sleep while he was turkey hunting and woke up to a coyote pulling on his boot. He almost blew off his foot! ;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fell aseleep sitting at the base of a big tree while deer hunting. I woke up with that sense you sometimes get that someone is staring at you. I opened my eyes , yawned and looked right into the face of 10 point buck not 3 feet away! I looked at him and he looked at me and my gun was leaning up against the tree so I couldn't reach for it. He made eye cantact and turned and trotted off while I grabed my gun. He kept a tree between him and me for about 200 yards and I never got a shot. I had my muzzle loader and 200 yds. was just too far to try a shot. I hunted that buck from daylight to dark every day for the rest of the season and never got another look at him. Deer are the smartest dumb animals I have ever observed. No matter how hard you plan and how carefully you stalk, they always have the upper hand when it comes to woodsmanship. You can plan on them doing just the oppssite of what you expect. And if you plan something unorthodox, they do exactly what you thought they would do in the first place. Anyone who says the hunter has an unfair advantage hasn't ever been deer hunting! Monty

GeorgiaFlutterby

Aug 6, 2007
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
EDDEKALB said:
power naps ;D

Any kind of nap will do. full 8 hour day counseling inmates in prison, 6 kids, 5 grandkids, a small Bassett hound pup in housebreaking mode and a metal detecting maniac husband...yes, any nap will do...LOL ;)

My husband said that did not cover it all, but was a healthy start...LOL

Georgiaflutterby

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Sandman said:
As I get older I find I am running out of energy in the middle of the day. So I've taken to having an afternoon nap in the outdoors. I never napped longer than half an hour, but feel refreshed and ready to go again.

do i call you pop pop now or later? ;D ;D :D :D

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Sandman,

I hate naps! honestly.
I always wake up wondering what day it is, and just want to go back to bed.
And I'm groggy and grumpy the rest of the day
>:(
On the othe hand..............i could sleep 'til noon, if they'd let me ;D

I find chocolate picks me up in the afternoon when I get sluggish ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread