Greenie
Nov 21, 2014
Beverly, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All!!!

Thought Id share some of my finds. I just started MD'ing last summer and Im having a blast!

Here is my oldest coin that I found so far.

1914D.jpg

Here are my first finds with my metal detector last summer. Landlord gave me permission to detect and learn my detector in the yard of the apartment I rent in Beverly MA. This yard has produced 6 of my 7 silvers. The first 5 were all within a 5ft area. The war nickel was in the side part of the yard.

Silver 5.jpg

War Nickel.jpg

Thanks for looking!

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to learn your machine on "period material"(90%).I'd suggest going back over everything in a reverse search pattern listening for the faint signals called "whispers" the goods may be on edge/angle so no strong signal.You already got one Barber now let's see her sisters please.You may find her great gandma too.HH.....

OP
OP
M

MassEMT

Greenie
Nov 21, 2014
Beverly, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I absolutely plan on it! The thing that my roommates and I get a good chuckle out of is that my landlord said that "someone detected the yard years ago but feel free to give it a go"... makes me wonder, if these were left in the ground I wonder what that person found?!

The Barber was found in a park less then a mile from where I live, oh and I forgot to mention in the original post its a Denver Mint Barber.

I still have a couple small sections of the yard to search and then Im going to go back over the yard again. Fingers crossed, maybe Ill find something even better! This is the same yard I pulled an early 1800s Navy Officers Uniform Button out of.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions